Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

22 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Line around the block for The Trophy Room today. Assuming it is like a special "Shoe Drop" or something. Interesting to see when we were just talking about the scarcity of retail in DTO. 

is like MJ there himself?  I still see people there today waiting to go in  for some big unveiling...

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

Isn’t it basically like a glorified watering hole? I didn’t know anything about movies.

Art² (art squared) is an outdoor community events space driven by technology to showcase Orlando's best artists and performers.

Mind bending visuals on a massive LED screen, beautiful music playing on an EPIC sound system, delicious snacks & coffee within our cafe, rotating food trucks and merch.

We included two food trucks in our design that will be open for lunch and dinner. There will be a cafe in the park serving breakfast bites and drink service to include Kombucha, sodas, coffee, tea and cold brew – with beer and wine served on event nights.

Want to swing under the stars in a hammock while reading your favorite book?! We have a space carved out just for you.

Our massive 19 ft x 10 ft LED video wall will be used for digital art, YouTube events, streaming music festivals and other events, gaming tournaments, and of course, movies nights.

Details

• Massive 19 ft x 10 ft LED Video Wall and additional screens in cafe and structure
  • Performance Stage
  • Professional performance sound system
  • Moving Lights
  • Food Trucks
  • Art Store and Merchandise Space
  • Free Public Events
  • Rent for Private Events
  • Elevator
  • Open, Ever-Changing Gallery Space
  • Hammocks
  • Wide Range of Craft Sodas, Coffee, Tea, Cold Brew with Beer & Wine for Events
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Art² (art squared) is an outdoor community events space driven by technology to showcase Orlando's best artists and performers.

Mind bending visuals on a massive LED screen, beautiful music playing on an EPIC sound system, delicious snacks & coffee within our cafe, rotating food trucks and merch.

We included two food trucks in our design that will be open for lunch and dinner. There will be a cafe in the park serving breakfast bites and drink service to include Kombucha, sodas, coffee, tea and cold brew – with beer and wine served on event nights.

Want to swing under the stars in a hammock while reading your favorite book?! We have a space carved out just for you.

Our massive 19 ft x 10 ft LED video wall will be used for digital art, YouTube events, streaming music festivals and other events, gaming tournaments, and of course, movies nights.

Details

• Massive 19 ft x 10 ft LED Video Wall and additional screens in cafe and structure
  • Performance Stage
  • Professional performance sound system
  • Moving Lights
  • Food Trucks
  • Art Store and Merchandise Space
  • Free Public Events
  • Rent for Private Events
  • Elevator
  • Open, Ever-Changing Gallery Space
  • Hammocks
  • Wide Range of Craft Sodas, Coffee, Tea, Cold Brew with Beer & Wine for Events

Color me wrong and impressed. Had no idea. Will definitely be back to check this out in a couple of months.

hey, do you all think the whitecaps on the SunTrust building are ugly? I don't think they're ugly individually, but they did not repaint the teal part of the building so it looks off having the white caps with the brown and the beige next to all the darker color buildings. I do not like it I would rather the building stick with it cohesiveness with colors.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

hey, do you all think the whitecaps on the SunTrust building are ugly? I don't think they're ugly individually, but they did not repaint the teal part of the building so it looks off having the white caps with the brown and the beige next to all the darker color buildings. I do not like it I would rather the building stick with it cohesiveness with colors.

I think they need to be bronze.  they don't match any motif of that tower.  right now, Skidmore, Owings, or, Merrill, or all three, are turning over in their graves, and the current team that designed The Burj are like...wtf?

• Like 2

They are ugly and don't match. They look awful on a cloudy/overcast day. They will be difficult to maintain. That dark grey/brown to match the other mullions/accents would have been much better. (actually, keeping it teal would have been much better. It worked and was kind of iconic after that much time as the cap of Orlando's tallest). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I think they need to be bronze.  they don't match any motif of that tower.  right now, Skidmore, Owings, or, Merrill, or all three, are turning over in their graves, and the current team that designed The Burj are like...wtf?

At subset they match the sky. Sorry about the quality, I have an iphone now ugh 

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0422.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

At subset they match the sky. Sorry about the quality, I have an iphone now ugh 

IMG_0420.jpeg

IMG_0422.jpeg

I didn't think of it before, but 55W's top hat is bronze tint.  Maybe that should've dictated the tint.  However, Lincoln Tower/BOA has a white pyramid on top, so maybe that's what they were looking at...but these pyramids are solid unlike that one.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I didn't think of it before, but 55W's top hat is bronze tint.  Maybe that should've dictated the tint.  However, Lincoln Tower/BOA has a white pyramid on top, so maybe that's what they were looking at...but these pyramids are solid unlike that one.

Well this isnt Egypt so they need to figure it out

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 11:28 AM, JFW657 said:

I dunno.

I kinda like it the way it is.

I sorta like the way the pyramids kinda blend in, fade and disappear against the sky in certain light.

Anymore white on the building would be too much, IMO.  

I totally disagree. Why should the tallest building in Orlando simply disappear?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivanhoe said:

I totally disagree. Why should the tallest building in Orlando simply disappear?

Well, it doesn't actually disappear, does it?

It's just a visual effect from the white surfaces of the pyramids reflecting and blending in with whatever color the sky happens to be.

Truthfully, I've never liked those pyramids anyway, so anything that tends to soften their appearance is fine with me.  

I think it makes the building's appearance more interesting, the way it changes with the natural light.

They need to install colored spotlights up there if they haven't already.  

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

20240326_184830.jpg

That looks nice enough I guess, but I think all of the recent murals in DTO have a very similar look. 

Kind of like our buildings.

All the same basic design features.

And all of them kind of boring.  

13 hours ago, JFW657 said:

That looks nice enough I guess, but I think all of the recent murals in DTO have a very similar look. 

Kind of like our buildings.

All the same basic design features.

And all of them kind of boring.  

I drove over that a ton of times and didn't even realize it was there until I looked down from the building.  who can even tell what that is from street view?  maybe its like those Aztec lines stuff that you can only make out from the air... 

Perhaps its for the Godfather of Inter-Planetary Funk, George Clinton