Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Yeah, I've seen the barn and it looks like the scaffolding is the only thing holding it up.  However, if they can make it strong and keep the sagging derelict look, it certainly will have character.  I truly like what Ace' is doing.  It will add a people magnet midway between uptown and downtown. I'm just leery of timeline. 

Speaking of midtown ... the completion and occupation of Crescent Central and Ace Cafe, and the addition of Orlando Central (aka Miami) and the UCF campus, should really remake that area.  

While we're speaking of midtown, what do ya'll think of the SE Steel site?  I know it has a long history, but it's mostly plywood, so if someone were to buy them out to rebuild, would that really be something worth saving?

Edited by cwetteland

Can't access staff report yet

Also a submission for "Tremont Tower" at the Hyatt Place location near Church St Station - similar hotel proposal will be interesting to see what that will look like and if they still will try to move the train platforms

Jernigan Says...

Proposal for a 219 unit multi-family with 30,000 sq ft of commercial for 215 E Central Blvd...

This should have some nice height to it If it is that lot next to 7-11.(200 ft +) Looking at the street view. Not very much space. Should be 219 Units and 450 Spaces to park meaning integrated parking garage plus residential. NICE! Hope I'm right haha

Edited by CaptainJustice

This should have some nice height to it If it is that lot next to 7-11.(200 ft +) Looking at the street view. Not very much space. Should be 219 Units and 450 Spaces to park meaning integrated parking garage plus residential. NICE! Hope I'm right haha

Once upon a previous boom, there was a proposal on this same lot.  Here were some of the renderings to give an idea of what this could end up looking like:

1ry8.jpg

3kc8.jpg

4cx8.jpg

• Like 2