Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

^^ I'm not sure I get this.  In the Collier poster it only says "1/2 Block Lot for sale."  There is a disclaimer that the rendering (intended to show a suggested use for the lot) is not to be taken as an actual project.  This rendering looks the same as another project 7-8 years ago to be built a bit further to the east, possibly behind the Panera Bread store that never got built.  Comments about the design then were similarly negative.

Not sure if this is the lot you were thinking of, but the building slated for the empty lot just south of Panera looked a lot different. It was very modern. This is the only image I could find...

img-217_Street.jpg

Edited by Pete C

Not sure if this is the lot you were thinking of, but the building slated for the empty lot just south of Panera looked a lot different. It was very modern. This is the only image I could find...

img-217_Street.jpg

Thanks, I remember this one but not what I was thinking of ... this was somewhere east of Panera back near the Lowndes Doster Kantor & Reed offices that face Summerlin and looked almost (if not completely) identical to the one in the Collier poster.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just dug up the image from old files.

Thanks, I remember this one but not what I was thinking of ... this was somewhere east of Panera back near the Lowndes Doster Kantor & Reed offices that face Summerlin and looked almost (if not completely) identical to the one in the Collier poster.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just dug up the image from old files.

I seem to vaguely recall seeing something like that.

Probably here.

The quality of the roads - CHECK

The effectiveness of the roads - MEH

We need more laterals and a true circle highway would've been better than this Frankenstein 417/429 mess. 

1. Get the 414 over to 417

2. Find a way through the attractions to get 528 over to 429

3. Get 408 to 429 without the spider web of garbage you have now

4. Get 408 to I-95

1.  yeah, I agree but close to impossible

2.  can't be done---but---just to the south at the Fenton overpass (changed names), it goes from I-Drive to Palm Parkway.  It is supposed to continue due west to 535 along the northern border of the Hilton Grand Vacations development.  that phase hasn't been built yet.  Not the same, but kind of close.

3.  There was a future phase I saw for a spur from 429 due west to US 27 a few miles south of SR 50.  I think we're stuck with the spider web.

4.  There is a future corridor study I thought.  But I don't know how lucrative that road would be with SR 50 & SR 520 so close.

Yeah, I'm hoping the folks at the CFXway get their stuff together soon.  They've delayed (understandably with the chaos, corruptions, and nonsense the end of the OOCEA had) their 2040 Master Plan by almost 18 months at this point.  I'm sure they are tired of me asking when it will get done.

The name "420 East" is pretty weak. We already have 530 East Central and 55 West. However, I don't like the word "Artisan" either since it is such an overused buzzword like "Craft". Oh well.

I thought they chose "Artisan" because of the live/work/studio units. They're still doing those, right? 

I noticed Orlando Central, City Centre, and Modera Central are all going through the Municipal Planning Board this week. It has been a long time since we had 3 projects of this magnitude go through at once. The City Centre proposal really looks like the best of the bunch. All 3 of these sit on sites that were proposed in the last boom but did not get off the ground. Hopefully this time it's different. The corner of Central and Rosalind could take on a significantly different feel.

• Like 1

^^ I can see advantages to the current configuration.

1.  Makes Gertrude Avenue and exclusive drop zone.  Garland would not be exclusive and a drop off cut in would take up space.

2.  Pool deck gets afternoon sun for sun bathers.

3.  Easier pedestrian access to Gertude's Walk and city night life on Church and Orange.  There's even some night spots on Jefferson that would get and up-tick and possible upgrade.  

• Like 1

Good points, but they should at least put up some kind of barrier on the east side of the tracks. And plant some large, fast growing trees along it or something.

The idea of paying that kind of money to look out your window at railroad tracks & listen to trains coming by 24/7 doesn't exactly sound appealing.

Good points, but they should at least put up some kind of barrier on the east side of the tracks. And plant some large, fast growing trees along it or something.

The idea of paying that kind of money to look out your window at railroad tracks & listen to trains coming by 24/7 doesn't exactly sound appealing.

Tell that to Sheldon Cooper.