Omni Hotel/Convention Center hotel/24 stories/800 rooms/complete

MTSUBlueraider86

I don't like the Hyatt from the southern view, but I am not sure how someone could argue it is ugly from the front. It looks great when coming across the pedestrian bridge.

The firewall is terrible...but yes, the front corner is OK with me. Someone on another site posted a picture of the one in Austin (that is nearly identical, except for color)...and it looks fine with the extra detail of the signage.

Eventually it will disappear among the other scrapers and high rises that will be built in SoBro. It's hardly a 'skyline' building...you can only really notice it from a few angles.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

The firewall is terrible...but yes, the front corner is OK with me. Someone on another site posted a picture of the one in Austin (that is nearly identical, except for color)...and it looks fine with the extra detail of the signage.

Eventually it will disappear among the other scrapers and high rises that will be built in SoBro. It's hardly a 'skyline' building...you can only really notice it from a few angles.

Hey, we agree!!!! It will be lost in the mass like the Wells Fargo Building is on 4th Avenue. In regards to Cool Springs, I really don't remember which hotel it was, but it lacked any significant architectural character. I have not been to Cool Springs since 2002. I ate out there once, but it was at night, and I did not notice anything, and that was years ago. We went to Chuey's and it was awful.

Hey, we agree!!!! It will be lost in the mass like the Wells Fargo Building is on 4th Avenue. In regards to Cool Springs, I really don't remember which hotel it was, but it lacked any significant architectural character. I have not been to Cool Springs since 2002. I ate out there once, but it was at night, and I did not notice anything, and that was years ago. We went to Chuey's and it was awful.

Oh, the one I'm talking about is recent and opened this year. You probably mean either the Embassy or the Marriott, which are on the east side. Those are the only 'highrise' hotels I can think of.

And Chuy's opened a bit later than 2002...

Hey if anyone can get a night-time photo of the Omni I would really appreciate it. I saw on another forum that they put up some blue neon lights on top of the building. I love the look of neon lights on towers (especially blue) as it gives the skyline a much more modern look, and Nashville's skyline could definitely use it IMO. While I am very underwhelmed with the scope/height/design of the Omni it is starting to grow on me just a tad and I think this might help out a little.

Also while I was driving up I-65 not too long ago I noticed that when you come up to the skyline you can cleary see the Pinnacle tower behind the Omni, and I wondered if that was the reason why they decided to go so low with the project? Could someone from behind the scenes have told the developers not to go to high cause it would totally block out the Pinnacle or is that just foolish to even think of?

I just can't seem to understand why Omni went so weak with this project considering all the demand for full service hotels and being an anchor hotel to the newest convention center in the country? I know money is a factor but damn LOL!

Welcome to the forum Mirydi. Good to see you over here as well.

Thanks... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the picture bhibbs! I like it! I wonder why they didn't continue on with the lights (on the sidewall) all the way to the end like on the front?

Edited by mirydi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They did , the rest of the lights weren't on at the time , I drove by the omni tonight and notice it. The building looks cool.

Oh ok, cool!

Putting in a request for some hi res pictures of the Omni at night with all the new neon lights. While I'm requesting, it would be cool to get some shot's of it with the skyline in the background as well... :thumbsup: