MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

So they used eminent domain to take 601 W Church Street and the land next to the church towards parramore where the main entrance will be. According the the article, they didn't sell 601 W Church to the team so they should be in the clear because technically the land that was seized by eminent domain wasn't sold to the team. That church really screwed up the stadium timeline because of their greed. Stadium should have been opening this year if it was sold but in the end, hopefully the new stadium being private and larger does better for the area.

at the end of the day, the stadium will get built as they already spent so much money on it.

Edited by OrlandoMagicLions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For lack of a better place, I put this here.

If Bungalower makes Orlando a national laughingstock I'm not sure if I'll be impressed by the sheer moxie or horrified beyond compare.

http://shop.bungalower.com/collections/team-spirit/products/orlando-is-kaka-1

Orlando is Kaka'?  I know his name is Kaka'.  I'm going to bet that 99% of Americans don't.  Odds are that if (by some grand chance) this goes viral online, it will be 100% fecal references and not soccer references.  

Especially with the #fillthebowlagain tag.

Edited by HankStrong
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Bounce House 2.0

It's not going to be like the bounce house. The bounce house is all metal construction. This stadium will have concrete concourses and stands. Only the underlying support structure will be metal, so there will be no foot banging on metal stands.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2016 at 0:10 PM, HankStrong said:

For lack of a better place, I put this here.

If Bungalower makes Orlando a national laughingstock I'm not sure if I'll be impressed by the sheer moxie or horrified beyond compare.

http://shop.bungalower.com/collections/team-spirit/products/orlando-is-kaka-1

Orlando is Kaka'?  I know his name is Kaka'.  I'm going to bet that 99% of Americans don't.  Odds are that if (by some grand chance) this goes viral online, it will be 100% fecal references and not soccer references.  

Especially with the #fillthebowlagain tag.

This is hilarious. Let's hope your post helps it go viral! We just sent a shirt to Kaka too, so cross your toes that he wears it. I'm totally going to do something with the the bowl hashtag. I'm still laughing. 

#FILLTHEBOWLAGAIN.png

• Like 1

Stadium construction update from local SBNation Orlando City SC blog, the Mane Land:

http://www.themaneland.com/2016/2/29/11133842/new-orlando-city-soccer-stadium-reaches-major-milestone-starts-to-rise

Some good photos and renderings on board from the "Going Vertical" ceremony. Also, this week, one of the beams that will be used in construction has been painted purple and will be making the rounds to all the kickoff events for Orlando City fans to sign and be part of the stadium.

21 hours ago, Pete C said:

It's not going to be like the bounce house. The bounce house is all metal construction. This stadium will have concrete concourses and stands. Only the underlying support structure will be metal, so there will be no foot banging on metal stands.

I know it's not.  I was just attempting to be funny.

8 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I know it's not.  I was just attempting to be funny.

Oh ok, there was a concern at the beginning that it would indeed be like the bounce house due to the low cost. San Jose Earthquakes new stadium is all metal. However, based on the renderings I think ours will be like Houston Dynamo's stadium. I thought I read that before but I can't find confirmation of that now.