MLS Soccer Stadium

drjnieto

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't seen people posting anything about what's going on, so....

Construction on the main building including team offices has been started and going at a great pace. 

Supports for the roof trusses have been installed on the north end of the stadium and the roof is beginning to take shape in that area.

Steel now going up on the east side of the stadium.

Concrete being poured on the west end of the stadium to continue to complete the below street level portion of the stadium

ocscstadium04032016.jpg

• Like 1

Is it true the stadium will have 28.5k seats and a capacity of 36k (standing room adds the extra amount of people accommodated ???

i heard some fan on the Escot bus (takes you to the game) said he heard that at a city hall meeting but i don't believe it because no news posts that fact. thanks in advance.

Edited by OrlandoMagicLions

I was just looking at a story about Beckham's efforts to build a stadium in Miami.  His group is trying to get approval on a site in Overtown. It's the third site they've tried to work with the city on (each of the others being shot down for one reason or another).  The current stickler is parking.  The city wants more parking and the owner group wants it to rely on urban mass transit.  What really struck me is the difference in philosophies between Orlando and Miami on this subject.  In Orlando, no parking, is a selling point that the city embraces.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OrlandoMagicLions said:

except a lot of changes within the next few weeks.

i'll keep updating. sold my camera so ill be regulated to iPhone 6 quality pics ;(

By "changes", do you mean changes to the original design or changes to the state of progress of the construction?

I went by yesterday.  The submerged field aspect is interesting - it's surprising how short the stands/roofline appear from street level, then you look in and realize how far down the field is.  It's going to be a sweltering cauldron of noise in there in the summers, with the steep, raked stands, partial roof, and sunken field - could be a wicked home field advantage.  I can't wait 

Going up Church street with the improvements they made will be all right, but the area immediately north is still a mess of vacant lots and practically condemned buildings.  I'm sure the hope is for revitalization, but there's no evidence a stadium will do that.  There's going to be work to do there...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...