Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a lazy river ride on the lower roof deck? Just what kind of perks are they planning for their employees?? ;)

From what I remember, there are supposed to be plants and things on the roof. Maybe that is the pathway through the green roof?

3560929792_c44fc480b7_o.jpg

Great shots Initial!

You can tell the intention to build the condo tower's base exactly the same on the Mint Museum regardless of whether the tower will be built eventually or not. The "platform" is the exact shape of the condo tower's footprint.

Wake Forest has said they will no longer locate their School of Business in this building. They said it had to do with the fact that Wellscovia will not be the primary tenant. However, they are focused on locating somewhere else in uptown instead. I wonder if it has anything to do with UNC-Charlotte building an uptown campus? It will be interesting to see where they will go. Perhaps the new BofA tower currently under construction?

Wake Forest has said they will no longer locate their School of Business in this building. They said it had to do with the fact that Wellscovia will not be the primary tenant. However, they are focused on locating somewhere else in uptown instead. I wonder if it has anything to do with UNC-Charlotte building an uptown campus? It will be interesting to see where they will go. Perhaps the new BofA tower currently under construction?

I have a feeling it has to do with a mix between the executive inter-politics and the fact that Wake School of Business was located where more business lined jobs were located (bank) over the tech jobs of Duke. It's said they'd like to continue a location in the CBD so I'd suspect the UNCC Building has little to do with this. Any speculation on where they may be interested in moving (or possibly building) where there may be vacant space?

Any speculation on where they may be interested in moving (or possibly building) where there may be vacant space?
The Park Condo shell has over 25,000 sq/ft plus parking.LOL Seriously, I think the BofA tower going up is their focus at the moment.

The Park Condo shell has over 25,000 sq/ft plus parking.LOL Seriously, I think the BofA tower going up is their focus at the moment.

Either the BofA tower or I would imagine one of the buildings on Tryon Street that are freeing up space due to Wellschovia downsizing significantly and the office space shuffles they are doing. The Park condo shell is a disaster all around for anyone.

Instead of focusing on where they are going, perhaps focusing on why they are leaving is more interesting. You have to wonder about the political relationship between two organizations that have Winston-Salem roots. Secondly, the Duke Enrgy Center is being built with a trading floor and no one in it. Could that trading floor, and associated space be required for an investment bank to consider Charlotte for a relocation? Just some idle speculation on a cloudy morning.

Instead of focusing on where they are going, perhaps focusing on why they are leaving is more interesting. You have to wonder about the political relationship between two organizations that have Winston-Salem roots. Secondly, the Duke Enrgy Center is being built with a trading floor and no one in it. Could that trading floor, and associated space be required for an investment bank to consider Charlotte for a relocation? Just some idle speculation on a cloudy morning.

actually, four trading floors (all 20 foot ceilings). I spoke with someone from fixed income the other day and she said Wells themselves don't even know what they are going to do with them. Right now, those are nothing more than four empty floors with really high ceilings. As far as an investment bank coming in to occupy, your guess is as good as anyone.

actually, four trading floors (all 20 foot ceilings). I spoke with someone from fixed income the other day and she said Wells themselves don't even know what they are going to do with them. Right now, those are nothing more than four empty floors with really high ceilings. As far as an investment bank coming in to occupy, your guess is as good as anyone.

corporate basketball league. Bankers vs. Traders.

I am looking at the bottom photo above this post (handle structure) and can't help but wonder if those 2 vertical support columns, seemingly holding up the handle, will become part of the actual top part of the handle.

I was looking at the model photo from a different angle (photo below) and it appears the handle walls are slanted, almost triangular shape, same as the supports. Any thoughts on that? It's obvious the handle will have additional height.

post-9912-1243716057_thumb.jpg

I am looking at the bottom photo above this post (handle structure) and can't help but wonder if those 2 vertical support columns, seemingly holding up the handle, will become part of the actual top part of the handle.

I was looking at the model photo from a different angle (photo below) and it appears the handle walls are slanted, almost triangular shape, same as the supports. Any thoughts on that? It's obvious the handle will have additional height.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's more obvious on the right side on the big picture.

Anybody know how the lighting on the corners of the building is coming along? I haven't been on that end of uptown at night in a long time to see them in action.

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know how it will look at night? I can't wait. I'm loving this building more and more.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's more obvious on the right side on the big picture.

That's funny because last week or so I was thinking, " Would it not be cool if those wedges where part of the handle and they just pull them out and place them on top." That will be fun to watch if true.

Archived