Duke Energy Center - 48 Story Office Tower in Charlotte

dubone

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe you may be correct... What's weird to me is that the resolution of the camera is off. The buildings look skinny downtown here..

Consider the perspective though, this shot is from the North. The BoA complex is several blocks closer to the cam, so Wachovia should look skinnier. Also the same reason it appears to be about the same height as the Hearst tower.

Consider the perspective though, this shot is from the North. The BoA complex is several blocks closer to the cam, so Wachovia should look skinnier. Also the same reason it appears to be about the same height as the Hearst tower.

If this helps the piece they put in is the corner closer to downtown, bridging to the first support.

What a great source of revenue if they had the foresight to make an observation deck up there in the handle. A row of windows that blended in somehow and you could view out of both sides. Umm, that would be nice!

Wow, that would be awesome. Even though I doubt they do it.

Just incredible!!! You must have a heckuva zoom lens!

My guess is that another section, same height, will go on top of what you see in these photos to give it more height.

That's what I was thinking too. It seems like it should be taller. And also, Dougie said they were going to put it up in 6 pieces, so that would make sense.

It is a sharp lens, it's a Canon "L" lens, they're pretty well known for their image quality. The bottom one is actually a crop though, of another image.

Seriously InitialD, do you have your own helicopter or something? These views are unbelievable...

Friend took a few of us up in his Cessna 172 for a few hours. I have hundreds of photos of places around Charlotte including most major projects that I'm trying to go through and edit. We pretty much followed one of the banner-towing planes around uptown for a while.

Hard to put in words, but stunning comes to mind. Great camera work. Is that a top wing plane? I can't get these kind of photos from my buddies plane unless he tilts at least 60 degrees.

Is that a lazy river ride on the lower roof deck? Just what kind of perks are they planning for their employees?? ;)

Archived