SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

So with the lot being .6 acres, I think a good comparison would be Hyatt House in uptown, which sits on .44 acres. Its 163 keys on 16 floors and 212' feet tall. So I would guess this will be 150 keys, 14 floors and 180 feet tall.

10 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So with the lot being .6 acres, I think a good comparison would be Hyatt House in uptown, which sits on .44 acres. Its 163 keys on 16 floors and 212' feet tall. So I would guess this will be 150 keys, 14 floors and 180 feet tall.

If Hyatt house is over 200 ft, it should be added to the Charlotte tallest buildings wikipedia page. 

• Like 1

I’d really like to see a W Hotel come to SouthEnd, I think it’d make a lot of sense since they typically open locations near an abundance of nightlife and younger crowds. I’d also like to see a Hotel Indigo or a West Elm Hotel. 

Although those may seem like hefty desires, they’re all quite realistic as SouthEnd continues to emerge as one of the most vibrant and exciting neighborhoods in the Southeast. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Looks like Top Golf competitor Drive Shack is coming to Southend with a concept similar to TopGolf's uptown N College St location.  Will be at Rampart and Hawkins. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/01/30/is-thistopgolf-rival-teeing-up-competition-with.html?

Rampart/Hawkins/Tremont is becoming the day-drinking epicenter of Charlotte if it isn't already.  Between Sycamore, Pins Mechanical, the Design Center, now a Drive Shack and the Skipper Dog Bar there really is a ton to do in that little area.

Skipper Dog Bar for those that haven't seen it: https://www.charlotteagenda.com/188966/skipper-is-opening-a-20000-square-foot-dog-and-human-social-hub-with-25-beer-taps-in-south-end/

Edited by CTiger
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

Rampart/Hawkins/Tremont is becoming the day-drinking epicenter of Charlotte if it isn't already.  Between Sycamore, Pins Mechanical, the Design Center, now a Drive Shack and the Skipper Dog Bar there really is a ton to do in that little area.

Skipper Dog Bar for those that haven't seen it: https://www.charlotteagenda.com/188966/skipper-is-opening-a-20000-square-foot-dog-and-human-social-hub-with-25-beer-taps-in-south-end/

And the planning / permitting process has started on the building on the other side of the Skipper Dog Bar from where Drive Shack will be. Looks to be adaptive re-use of most of the building. Rampart will be completely different in a year.

image.png.293b7b4a6d5755b1d4fea7b723651c88.png

4 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Lowe's/Childress Klein, Portman SouthEnd, and the square? or are you counting the Hawk?

I am counting the Hawk and a delivery of fresh dozen to Davidson County is order soon.  I think I already owe you a 3 pack so I will consolidate my deliveries.

Yes the Hawk, the Square and of course the Lowes tech tower crane. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, KJHburg said:

Looks like Top Golf competitor Drive Shack is coming to Southend with a concept similar to TopGolf's uptown N College St location.  Will be at Rampart and Hawkins. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlTotte/news/2020/01/30/is-thistopgolf-rival-teeing-up-competition-with.html?

They are the reason Top Golf is coming to University City.  Drive Shack was looking at that property and Top Golf c*** blocked them, haha. Top Golf is in no hurry to build.  Late this year before construction starts. Thats coming from one of the top managers at Top Golf I picked up one night while Ubering

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Boricua said:

They are the reason Top Golf is coming to University City.  Drive Shack was looking at that property and Top Golf c*** blocked them, haha. Top Golf is in no hurry to build.  Late this year before construction starts. Thats coming from one of the top managers at Top Golf I picked up one night while Ubering

TopGolf is already under construction. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 posted this on another thread showing a depiction of what SouthEnd could look like in the coming years.  Really gives you a good prospective of what is being built and proposed in SouthEnd and shows a couple projects we might not know about yet. Lets speculate what they might be.  Looks like there's a decent size building to the left of the Railyard that hasn't been mentioned plus something around South Blvd and Kingston ave maybe?  RDF is there any info you can divulge besides this picture?

image.thumb.png.e785c576dbe615f4bff2e46080ddd7de.png

Some are things I know are happening, and others are things I bet will happen within 5 years. 

Edited by Guest