SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

8 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

What a change in the plans for this project. This project is going to bring ANOTHER big tower to South End. Does this warrant its own thread?

image.png

Also definitely feels like the people doing the rendering stuck another project on top of this  one to get it out the door....

8 hours ago, CLT> said:

Also definitely feels like the people doing the rendering stuck another project on top of this  one to get it out the door....

I'm really not sure why this was reported. @Jayvee and I had these renderings more than a month ago, and were told they were "for pricing only" and "not gonna happen" and "not worth sharing"

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm really not sure why this was reported. @Jayvee and I had these renderings more than a month ago, and were told they were "for pricing only" and "not gonna happen" and "not worth sharing"

Seems like Beacon themselves is pushing it. Maybe there is a big fish looking for 1,000,000sqft of Commercial right now. 

Just now, Blue_Devil said:

Seems like Beacon themselves is pushing it. Maybe there is a big fish looking for 1,000,000sqft of Commercial right now. 

Supposedly there are fish looking for 500-600 and 900-1M

Just remember what Spectrum Properties CEO said he had several tenants tell him at Vantage Southend they did not have enough space yet and they have approx. 300K so obviously this Beacon project on steroids is being pushed.  Their Square tower is only 150K.   and those who say it won't happen have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Just remember what Spectrum Properties CEO said he had several tenants tell him at Vantage Southend they did not have enough space yet and they have approx. 300K so obviously this Beacon project on steroids is being pushed.  Their Square tower is only 150K.   and those who say it won't happen have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

I think the "Never happen" folks are correct 80% of the time.

Never happen surely dominate the thinking but the positive and risk takers make the big money.   Did anyone on this board predict Lincoln Harris would start 3 office towers first or a 23 story tower for Lowes and more coming in Southend?  Being in real estate or development requires thinking of what could be or what will be in the future.   The first office building built in the last 7 years was a modest 5 story building on Camden 1616 Camden by Beacon.    Gotta be a bit of a visionary in the real estate development world.   Fortune 100 companies don't move their HQ very much and yet we have 23 story building going up for one now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Miscellaneous Southend projects and there are a lot of them underway.

1. Charlotte Beer Garden S Tryon    

IMG_0834.JPG

I don't know if they had to do it (because of engineering necessity), if they were made to do it (by the city, due to current setback requirements), or if they chose to do it--obviously the preferable option--but I really, really appreciate how the set the building back a few feet from the front of the adjoining historic building, so it isn't eclipsed and shows off, which is good for the entire block--which makes it good for the Beer Garden.  A+

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ertley said:

I don't know if they had to do it (because of engineering necessity), if they were made to do it (by the city, due to current setback requirements), or if they chose to do it--obviously the preferable option--but I really, really appreciate how the set the building back a few feet from the front of the adjoining historic building, so it isn't eclipsed and shows off, which is good for the entire block--which makes it good for the Beer Garden.  A+

required set back, previous orientation was grandfathered.

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

CLTDevelopement is reporting new hotel planned for corner of S Tryon and Bland on Twitter.  Thus is surface lot between Railyard and Charlotte Beer Garden.

Sounds like a good location to me with all office growth.    Previously posted this in wrong thread

Are they taking McLaren of Charlotte too?

4 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

Are they taking McLaren of Charlotte too?

Doubtful...they are currently remodeling the space.  The same owner owns the two parcels that make the 0.6 acre site for the hotel.  Separate owner for McLaren,

Edited by AP3
  • Like 2

Just now, AP3 said:

Doubtful...they currently remodeling the space.  The same owner owns the two parcels that make the 0.6 acre site for the hotel.  Separate owner for McLaren,

Not that I’m buying a McLaren, but glad to see it staying.  Is Koenigsegg going here too?  I read that they were opening a Charlotte store.

1 minute ago, CLT_sc said:

Not that I’m buying a McLaren, but glad to see it staying.  Is Koenigsegg going here too?  I read that they were opening a Charlotte store.

Thats going at  Metrolina Auto Group