SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Barriers between you and the roadway (in this case planters) are becoming more prevalent due to the increased amount of terror attacks using cars to ram into people and places on sidewalks that have some foot traffic. I’m not saying this is why there are planters but it’s a input for sure.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Missmylab4 said:

In the CBJ today, an article with Spectrum mentions they’re working on a project in South End, Class A office. Anyone know anything about that? 

Damn. Theres a second company doing the same. Spectrum owns a fairly big chunk of land on S. Tryon 

Here is the articles quote from Mr.  Dewberry CEO of Spectrum ""South End is a great example. It’s on fire and we love that submarket, so we’re working on a project there, which would combine the Class A office with a little bit more of a tech-y feel in that submarket and not be right downtown.""

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Yup, can confirm!  Have seen the actual plans, that is not a parking deck... There was supposed to be a ~200 seat auditorium in that addition though...

The final design of this is so much less inspiring than the original... makes me wonder what a "if Money were no object" Charlotte would look like....  A hypothetical city where all the original designs were actually built.

• Sad 1

^^^Yes I was wrong it is the addition in the front.  I just could not tell from where I was taking the photo from uptown.  I will revise my comments above. 

Those townhomes are in the low 800,000s and are for sale product.  Anything for sale looks better than rental properties for the most part.  When you are buying design counts not as much in rental projects.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 4:49 PM, kermit said:

Not  much new info but the Observer briefly discusses Lidl stopping work on two area stores (including Southend)

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article183059366.html

So things really aren't going well for Lidl. They are pulling the plug on Northeastern projects and have decided to completely abort their Texas expansion (from a different source).

No specific mention of NC store plans but the news certainly isn't good. I wonder if Publix will want the Alamance County distribution center? (or maybe Wegmans?)

Lidl's American debut began strong, drawing 11 percent of consumer visits to traditional grocery stops in nine markets in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina in June, according to marketing firm inMarket. By August, their share in those markets had dropped below 8 percent.

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2017/12/plans_to_build_lidl_in_south_jersey_stall_over_mon.html

Edited by kermit