SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

15 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I personally Can't wait to see how the South End Skyline turns out, With plans for 300'+ in Fourth Ward and now some in South End, Our Skyline will really expand at a rapid pace. 

300+ is in 1st ward :-)

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/26/developer-planning-boutique-high-rise-project-on.html

Like I said, Southend will be getting its skyline soon. ;-). Ram is planning up to 3 mid-high buildings on their land abutting the Design Center. That said I feel like RAM always shows up toward the end of a recession. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.01.43 AM.png

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/10/26/developer-planning-boutique-high-rise-project-on.html

Like I said, Southend will be getting its skyline soon. ;-). Ram is planning up to 3 mid-high buildings on their land abutting the Design Center. That said I feel like RAM always shows up toward the end of a recession. 

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.01.43 AM.png

the residential at Doggett and Hawkins should be for sale condos right?

way too good to keep to myself. Best project in Charlotte by a light year.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.36.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.32.39 PM 1.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.30.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.29.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.23.46 PM.png

way too good to keep to myself. Best project in Charlotte by a light year.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.36.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.32.39 PM 1.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.30.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.29.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.23.46 PM.png

Edited by Guest

^^ I pray that is real honest to goodness grass we don't need any more astroturf in Charlotte.  Just because Astroturf was invented in NC's RTP does not mean we need to cover the state with it.

I love this RailYard development any completion date announced as I know they are clearing the site now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Messages Image(2967875519).png

2 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Any elevations of what the micro units will look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got word from the developer that the design phase is complete and it should be a matter of time before its availble. 

27 minutes ago, lewy2000 said:

Or, you know, walk on the other side of the tracks.

yea, fair enough I guess. But I am still kinda irked that the checking of IDs essentially blocks some folks from accessing what is public space.  I am fine with private companies using public space for profit, but not when it involves walling the space off to some -- even when there is a reasonable alternative available. 

Are they paying rent to use the space? If so then its significantly less obnoxious.

Edited by kermit

20 minutes ago, kermit said:

yea, fair enough I guess. But I am still kinda irked that the checking of IDs essentially blocks some folks from accessing what is public space.  I am fine with private companies using public space for profit, but not when it involves walling the space off to some -- even when there is a reasonable alternative available. 

Are they paying rent to use the space? If so then its significantly less obnoxious.

You have to pay for a permit to block the public ROW.

Damn looks like I walked down the wrong street :-( to the game. 

Went to Suffolk Punch this weekend. VERY cool vibe. Great food, great and well curated beer list, fantastic atmosphere. I invited friends up from Atlanta for the game, and they were extremely complimentary of the area. They compared it to some area of Atlanta I'd never heard of and said "but better, less sketchy." Also went to Wooden Robot, and damn, their beers have improved a lot. Thank goodness they are expanding.

19 hours ago, kermit said:

Not cool for All America Pub to restrict access to a public sidewalk on game days.

maybe I am just cranky

25190711-0E30-4DA8-B57C-6373470AA055.jpeg

I'll express my Monday morning crankiness a little too: The looks and caution of these folks crossing the street in a designated crosswalk tell it all, as far as pedestrians versus cars in this city.

• Like 3