SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, Windsurfer said:

I'll express my Monday morning crankiness a little too: The looks and caution of these folks crossing the street in a designated crosswalk tell it all, as far as pedestrians versus cars in this city.

Yea, you are right although there are a couple of points I’ll add.

First it was mostly day drinking suburbanites who don’t know how crosswalks work. Second, that spot is a real CF on game days due to the combination of drop offs, the parking lot entry and the rail. Finally, I will say that Southern drivers are starting to understand that they are required to stop for peds in the crosswalk. I have been pleasantly surprised by how many cars actually do stop. 

TLDR: walkability is improving in small parts of Charlotte thanks largely to the railtrail

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

Here are Elevations for the New Broadstone Morehead Project on S. Tryon and Morehead. Its not the worst, but certainly not the best. Appears to have some retail along Morehead though.
image.thumb.png.8c13d0e1d92eb7def6632cd5487afcca.png
5a01eae1b2f3e_MessagesImage(585887724).thumb.png.1550562ee2fda4078e018ccbfb96f283.png
5a01eae5b470c_MessagesImage(595497066).thumb.png.74b5e4dc919a5c7e42bf7e6b0c1c446e.png
5a01eae868611_MessagesImage(1020175375).thumb.png.b91da72ee4d9ed84cc1cb11b9119aeeb.png
5a01eaeb62bbb_MessagesImage(246439099).thumb.png.a6f8927ec69d2c44ba9455a22089a461.png

Do you have a site plan? Any idea what else is being done on the stretch of property closer to Carson? I️ assume the enterprise at the corner of Tryon and Carson isn’t going anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Do you have a site plan? Any idea what else is being done on the stretch of property closer to Carson? I️ assume the enterprise at the corner of Tryon and Carson isn’t going anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Enterprise building is a landmark believe it or not. LOL. 

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Here are Elevations for the New Broadstone Morehead Project on S. Tryon and Morehead. Its not the worst, but certainly not the best. Appears to have some retail along Morehead though.

image.thumb.png.8c13d0e1d92eb7def6632cd5487afcca.png

Messages Image(585887724).png

Messages Image(595497066).png

Messages Image(1020175375).png

Messages Image(246439099).png

so roughly 40% cars behind bars... to they at least face a service alley?  

53 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That Enterprise building is a landmark believe it or not. LOL. 

After you said that I recall the Agenda wrote about this building

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/18814/that-weird-little-enterprise-on-tryon-was-an-award-winning-architectural-design-back-in-its-day/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

so roughly 40% cars behind bars... to they at least face a service alley?  

its" back of the house" which means it doesn't face a street. Though some of the cars behind bars faces South Tryon >:o

Edited by Guest

I'm surprised we haven't seen more office get off the ground in South End. The area just south of 277 is but a stones throw away from the Stonewall corridor and that area is on fire and I'm sure the price per square foot is rising accordingly. I honestly thought we would have seen a few more 15-20 story announcements around Cabaret by now. 

2 hours ago, Missmylab4 said:

The Rail Yards have their anchor tenant, which is good news. I think after the fiasco of me saying the anchor tenant for Ally Center, I’ll just leave it at that. Seems like South End is a much more desirable office submarket than I imagined. 

Sooooo...can you say if it's a tenant currently in Uptown, currently in the suburbs, or a new tenant to the market?

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Trees to the Lidl site?  Does Lidl mean Levine in German?  Does this mean it will be a long time or are they testing the soil to see if the tree lives they will build?  

My guess here is the order was placed back when the schedule said they would be far enough along on this location that it would be time to start landscaping. They may have pushed that timeframe just a little in order to plant the new trees in the fall. When the decision was made to put the brakes on this location, someone forgot to cancel the tree order.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, norm21499 said:

Why were the crosswalks painted green?

It's part of an effort at the City to make pedestrian crossings safer and add emphasis to places that have high volumes of pedestrians and cyclists that are not at standard intersections. You'll see them all a long the rail trail eventually, and at a few greenway crossings over time. It's the same stuff that's used for the green bike lanes to highlight areas where cyclists and drivers should be alert for each other (the industry term for it is "conflict zones").

• Like 1

^regarding ped crossings I heard on Charlotte talks this am that tonight's council meeting will be focused on improvements planned for pedestrian safety. They mentioned signage including the blinking lights (can't remember the acronym Spartan) , More crossings at heavily used areas, ensuring sidewalk continuity and probably a lot more I forgot. I believe they're planning 10M for the effort but don't quote me.

Wish I could go.

• Like 1