Tower at Main & Gervais

comingtocolumbia

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shots Krazee! I totally agree that it looks much better than the rendering. I love the different colored glass (3 tones of green on the corner and Gervais side and 2 tones of bluish gray on the others). And depending where the light is, you can see right through the building or see a great reflection of the surrounding buildings. :wub:

I wonder if they made the renderings vague so that we would all be talking about how pleasantly surprised we are about how well the building turned out? I hope the restaurant space on the ground floor turns out to be spectacular and that it is an awesome restaurant.

While biking down Main St yesterday, I noticed that all the glass on the north side has been installed. The building adds a lot of density to the area and actually gives the effect of two different buildings (one gray glass and one green glass) when looking from northern part of Main St.....it looks great.

I mean no offense to the photos that have been posted so far, but it looks better in person. Also, I just realized that they are putting an elevator on the front. Is that going to be glass elevator that has a view of the state house as you ascend? If so that would be pretty sweet.

I have not been paying attention but y'all have me curious now. I'll have to drive uptown this afternoon and check it out. Is there a target opening date and does anyone know what the restaurant will be?

Forgive me if those questions have been answered somewhere else, but there are 33 pages in this thread... lol

***waves at waccamatt***

I have not been paying attention but y'all have me curious now. I'll have to drive uptown this afternoon and check it out. Is there a target opening date and does anyone know what the restaurant will be?

Forgive me if those questions have been answered somewhere else, but there are 33 pages in this thread... lol

***waves at waccamatt***

I was in Cola last Thursday, and the tower really adds a lot to the city. It has a pretty impressive impact on the skyline coming in on 126 (which is my favorite view of the city). Driving around downtown, it can really be seen from almost every angle. It really turned out well... surprisingly well.

I'm not sure about a glass elevator, which would be awesome. Maybe you guys are confusing this with the construction elevator :dontknow:

I love this building more and more. Driving up Gervais St from West Columbia, the building was almost invisible against the cloudy sky, but as soon as I turned on Huger, it changed colors to a dark bluish gray. Very cool.

Archived