IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say its more the Pruitt Igoe window...

Pruitt-Igoe-collapses.jpg

Nice photos Cotuit.

I had rather high hopes for this building when I saw the renderings but the more I look at it in person I want to cringe. Please tell me they are going to put that final one piece of stone facade in at the top of the west tower. I keep thinking they will be putting it in any day but I've been thinking that for several months now that I'm starting to think that it is intentionally meant to be left out. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

That said the street level and river portion looks to be fairly good.

I'd say its more the Pruitt Igoe window...

Pruitt-Igoe-collapses.jpg

Nice photos Cotuit.

I had rather high hopes for this building when I saw the renderings but the more I look at it in person I want to cringe. Please tell me they are going to put that final one piece of stone facade in at the top of the west tower. I keep thinking they will be putting it in any day but I've been thinking that for several months now that I'm starting to think that it is intentionally meant to be left out. It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

That said the street level and river portion looks to be fairly good.

do you guys really dislike these buildings that much? i think they're a wonderful addition to downtown and the skyline. i like that they're pretty different compared to most of the other buildings nearby, but seem to fit in just fine. between gtech, the westin, and these... i can't even remember what those empty lots used to look like.

I'm not really seeing where all this hatred for the windows is coming from, and I most certainly don't get a Stalingrad feeling when looking at these buildings, Miami maybe, Stalingrad, not so much.

I like everything except the windows. The white framing makes them look cheap. Just my opinion. And perhaps the capitol side facade. That facade is just boring. The glass and multi colored stone facade are just fine.

I too, like whats going on at street level.

I do get the Stalingrad feel from the windows.

I am not nearly as critical as my wife, who gets to look at this everyday from GTECH.

Archived