IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice shots. Those facing panels they're using, which look great, seem to be similar to the new Miriam Hospital building though there it's more of a terra cotta color. Does anyone know if these panels are ceramic or some kind of concrete?

I ran by the project this morning and it was my first glimpse of the facade panels - I've got to say, I'm really impressed with that material and the patterning of the tiles on the west side (facing GTech). It gives the distinct impression of oversized kiln-fired clay tiles. I'm guessing it must be some sort of precast/cementitious panel with a special surface coating - I've never seen terra cotta panels available in sizes that large but I'd be very happy to be wrong.

I'm impressed with the subtle gradations and how warm and rich the material is. It really picks up on the orangey-red tones of a lot of the surrounding brick buildings while still being distinctly contemporary and unique. It's a pleasant surprise especially since I expected from the early renderings that this would have a cold stark-white cladding.

I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend - he said that his friend contacted the sales office for this project in order to get info about buying a unit - this was roughly a few months ago. They said they would call him back the next day/week, and then he never heard back from them. He asked my friend (who lives in the Wilkinson Bldg) to check on the status of the construction since he was out of town for a while. My friend told him that he didn't see much if anything, going on for a while. Then he noticed the facade finally being installed - but the company still never called his friend back. Apparently the guy specifically said that he wanted to buy a condo -- I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that they would not return his call, and I'm not really sure what this means....

I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend - he said that his friend contacted the sales office for this project in order to get info about buying a unit - this was roughly a few months ago. They said they would call him back the next day/week, and then he never heard back from them. He asked my friend (who lives in the Wilkinson Bldg) to check on the status of the construction since he was out of town for a while. My friend told him that he didn't see much if anything, going on for a while. Then he noticed the facade finally being installed - but the company still never called his friend back. Apparently the guy specifically said that he wanted to buy a condo -- I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that they would not return his call, and I'm not really sure what this means....

I think it must of been a mistake. I can tell you the building is going forward as planned. They have been delayed because they reconfigured the restaurant then changed it back. They've made a hundred small changes to the building as they have gone alone.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't sent me any communications since my hardhat tour. They have all my info, and I didn't make it clear to them that I was too po' to actually live there. They wined and dined me all night, then didn't call. :cry:

I was looking at the facade material on the Memorial side this morning, and I actually like how it compliments the Nordstrom end of the mall.

Archived