IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright, you asked for it and now i'm delivering. skyline pics from the PC area. unfortunately, as i said, there are lots of trees in the way. so i did my best. also, my camera is nothing special. if someone else, maybe with a tripod, has a good camera and wants to take better pics, let me know and i'll tell you where the best spots are. i wish i knew someone who lives in the newest dorm because they have windows facing the skyline and 5 stories up would make for an excellent view. a guy i work with has been on top of the tallest building on campus (probably one of the tallest vantage points in the city at 10 stories on top of the hill in the middle of campus). he said you could see the newport bridge, so imagine what the skyline would be like... anyways, onto the pics.

these are big, i apologize, but it's the only way to see anything.

from Eaton St, across the street from Hilltop Ave (standing on the wall on campus).

313179481_cf49e2db18_b.jpg

from the northwest corner of the soccer field on Huxley Ave.

313179469_39dce46097_b.jpg

From the "porch" of accinno hall

313179466_66793e4887_b.jpg

because of the design of the campus (and the fact that the campus is on a hill), you can see it from the campus, but not really from anywhere else in the area... although if my house was a 3 story house and i lived on the 3rd floor, i'd see it because i'm also on hill.

So, I drove my parents around for Christmas shopping (they didn't want to park anywhere, so I had to drop them off, go around the block, then pick them up), and when we went to Providence Place, it was the first time they went downtown in about a year (they're Rhode Islanders, give 'em some slack), and my mother looks up at the construction of the Waterplace Condos and asks if they are parking garages. :rofl:

My father, who is a bit more savvy about what's going on, corrected her. I think she still has that inferiority complex thing going on for Providence. If there's a highrise development, it's gotta be for parking.

Archived