IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

I hate the idea of it, but I was under the impression that it was going to be a Morton's Steakhouse which in my mind would be not only redundant but a horrible waste of a good space. I think this might have just been rumor/idle speculation.

Speaking of which, I was also under the impression that the Providence Place Mall would be getting a Melting Pot restaurant but can't find any credible mention of that either. Sorry for the tangent.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Morton's for 110 as well. Also that they were rejected b/c Morton's would not open for lunch (although a few of them are open for lunch) and they wanted a place that would better serve the people living/working down there.

I would hope Waterplace would have a restaurant that served lunch as well...

As for Ruth's Chris, according to some people there, they are not doing so hot overall. This is based on a conversation I had with a couple of bartenders there, and my own observations when dining or having a drink there during the weekdays. Weekend and Waterfires are pretty packed. I also heard from a couple restaurant owners that they(Ruth's Chris) were not doing so well. Not sure if this is total truth, or wishful thinking on their part.

Valet there is 9 bucks, parking at the GTECH garage is 8 bucks an hour. Most dinners at Ruth's take longer than an hour so valet is the way to go. Personally if I am there to dine and am going to drop 40 bucks on a steak, I would not quibble over 9 bucks.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.projo.com/opinion/letters/conte...8Q.1cae930.html

When did Cianci say he hated this project? I don't remember anything like that. Can someone explain how Waterplace Park looked better before this project? Dirt lots and weeds are better than buildings now? I take it this guy is talking about Co-Op City when he says the Bronx. Okay they may resemble Co-Op Cityish buildings but cmon now they're nowhere near as bad! Atleast this guy doesn't have to look at such eyesores daily considering he lives in Smithfield... :rolleyes:

http://www.projo.com/opinion/letters/conte...8Q.1cae930.html

When did Cianci say he hated this project? I don't remember anything like that. Can someone explain how Waterplace Park looked better before this project? Dirt lots and weeds are better than buildings now? I take it this guy is talking about Co-Op City when he says the Bronx. Okay they may resemble Co-Op Cityish buildings but cmon now they're nowhere near as bad! Atleast this guy doesn't have to look at such eyesores daily considering he lives in Smithfield... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received an invitation to a wine tasting at Waterplace. The event will feature desserts from Finale. Finale has locations in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Natick and will be opening at Waterplace in the spring.

Looks like this will be the perfect answer to the idea that we need a Pastiche Downcity.

I received an invitation to a wine tasting at Waterplace. The event will feature desserts from Finale. Finale has locations in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Natick and will be opening at Waterplace in the spring.

Looks like this will be the perfect answer to the idea that we need a Pastiche Downcity.

• 1 month later...

Archived