IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd assume that the Waterplace Towers will be helping with the upkeep of Waterplace Park, just in case someone with your mindset would choose to stay at the Towers.

If you think the city has problems now, go a decade or two back in history and tell me what you think of Providence then. Or, ask a city native.

< native.

Non-Resident pessimism just pisses me off.

(Edited out some nonconstructive commentary, sorry)

spending last night downtown, the towers are huge and really tower over waterplace park. we went to union station for a drink and then outside to watch the fireworks at midnight from the plaza there and the 2 buildings stand prominently over everything right there.

and they don't block the statehouse from there. :thumbsup:

Why be sorry? What you said is the truth. The water is filthy. The water in Waterplace Park draws from the bay and two rivers, which are all polluted. But I just had a thought, which could lead to a healthy debate in this forum. Suppose they built the waterway in the park so it was cut off from all external water sources? In other words, suppose they had designed the inlet so no outside water entered, and it was filled by clean fresh water and populated by aquatic life forms. Would that be ok with you? It would mean, of course, limited water craft access to the park, like the kind we see during Waterfire. But it would be clean, wouldn't it, from the mall to probably Hemmingway's. Water so clean that you could see all the way towards the bottom. Hot Summer day? Want to take a dip? By all means, jump in.

It would be nicer for the people, but you will still see pedestrian pollution. I think them atleast cleaning up capitol cove is going to help a lot, because that end of the river is a mess, and I think when the whole river walk is clean a lot of people will stop polluting the water.

Archived