Charlotte Skyline Shots

monsoon

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
From southend. Wachovia CC is going to look huge from this angle. Comparing it to Wachovia 1 (which is about the same distance away), it would hit the top of the frame I would think?

12-16-07

original.jpg

Thank you for the montage : though the Wachovia CC complex is really going to add a lot to that part of downtown, I really hope they will do something with the glass color of that building to make it look way more than a "nice building from the eighties"...

Thank you for the montage : though the Wachovia CC complex is really going to add a lot to that part of downtown, I really hope they will do something with the glass color of that building to make it look way more than a "nice building from the eighties"...

• 2 weeks later...

Took this pic today. The air and buildings were especially clean today due to the recent rains. This view will look substantially different in a year with the Baseball Stadium, 300 S Tryon, Wachovia, VUE, and Catalyst well underway. Oh and hopefully the Porta Potties in the foreground won't be there either.

newyearskyline.jpg

I had a photoshoot today for work at jon stilla studios, perhaps one of the neatest places in uptown. Anyways, I got out a little bit early so I decided to make a pano from "knights stadium" diagonally accross the street from his studio, it didn't turn out to well, but here is my contribution to the skyline shots thread.

skylinepano1.jpg

Whatever- that view turned out fantastic, Nible! Yeah- that is truly going to be a completely different area once some of these projects are done in 3rd Ward. I can see spending a lot of time there.

Also wanted to post this-

I was driving on Independence towards the city for the first time in ages- probally at least 2 years since I moved, and the skyline is extremely impressive coming down Independence now from when I remember last. It just looks huge! Also- some of the smaller projects at the moment- like the Park and 210 Trade right now are looking great. Really adds a lot of depth and interest to the skyline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived