Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

Well, whether or not Charlotte is "where it's at" for African Americans brings into focus where our city is heading. I can't wait to have a much more diverse culture in and around uptown. Some cities have an amazing amount of things to do from things like basketball contests and different cultural events that our current sea of Joe White Collar's don't normally offer.

Edited by aussie luke

to digress a little...

Something to keep in mind: 80 residential floors aren't the same as 80 commercial floors. Even taking a large atrium /entrance and multi-use level(s) into account - the 40th floor on a mostly residential building will not be as high as the 40th on an all commercial space.

I'm in Courtside - and each level is about 11'. Commercial floors are higher. The difference in utility space, etc adds up quickly with 10's of floors.

It also depends on the design. If all of the duct work and sprinklers are to be concealed (unlike Courtside), then that would artificially add elevation to each floor.

So - 80 floors of condos doesn't necessarily yield the tallest.

80 floors would be the tallest assuming at least 9.5' ceilings (I can't imagine Trump going shorter)....floors would average over 10.75' floor-to-floor (including the additional height required for the lobby levels and mechanical levels on top). 70 floors might or might not be a new tallest...probably not without a large spire.

I can't wait to get the all the details on this one. Im not personlly on the "inside" of this project, but an aquaintance of mine, who can't say too much either, says this is going to "blow us away very soon" and that it is farther along than the trumps are leading us into believeing. Take it for what its worth.

Wouldn't 'mixed-use' imply an unspecified number of office floors, thus making it somewhat taller than a 70 story condo tower ? Also, it does seem to be the trend even in purely residential towers to exceed the usual 10-foot-per-fllor formula, even without a spire.

Ok, so just after reading up to this point in the thread, I took a sidestep and checked my email to find that my sister, who rarely emails me sent me a message, randomly detailed the latest changes in her life. She just started a new job (and to be honest I do not know where) down in south Charlotte but was complaining that she was just assigned to work on a job site at 1st and College. I know this isn't exactly exciting for you all to read, but while I know this is not the exact lot that Trump owns, this threw me for a whirl when she mentioned that the project she was to be working on is the tenth largest construction project in the nation.

So take this for what it is worth also as I have no idea how accurate her information is, but I don't know if this is the planned spot for the offices for the Trump or WB project, but she said she will be moving to that job site in July. I sent her email back requesting any details she could divulge.

But in the meantime, I can think of quite a few construction projects in the nation that are enormous, this being the "tenth largest" makes it a pretty dag'um big building.

Could something be coming to the parking lot that sits right next to the new AACC? Between Wachovia and Trump, this is the only vacant land left right there on 1st and College. Maybe she (and others on this board ;) ) know more than we think. After seeing what is coming to Wachovia, Trump, and the Westin would it be totally out of the question to assume that this parking lot is about to go as well?

Oh, and just for the record, the only reason I am posting at 4 in the morning is because it's Cinco de Mayo. :alc:

Edited by queensguy06

Ok, so just after reading up to this point in the thread, I took a sidestep and checked my email to find that my sister, who rarely emails me sent me a message, randomly detailed the latest changes in her life. She just started a new job (and to be honest I do not know where) down in south Charlotte but was complaining that she was just assigned to work on a job site at 1st and College. I know this isn't exactly exciting for you all to read, but while I know this is not the exact lot that Trump owns, this threw me for a whirl when she mentioned that the project she was to be working on is the tenth largest construction project in the nation.

So take this for what it is worth also as I have no idea how accurate her information is, but I don't know if this is the planned spot for the offices for the Trump or WB project, but she said she will be moving to that job site in July. I sent her email back requesting any details she could divulge.

But in the meantime, I can think of quite a few construction projects in the nation that are enormous, this being the "tenth largest" makes it a pretty dag'um big building.

I could see 1st and college being the field office for a project capping 277, which could potentially be a top 10 project.... :shades:

Edited by kickazzz2000

Ok, so just after reading up to this point in the thread, I took a sidestep and checked my email to find that my sister, who rarely emails me sent me a message, randomly detailed the latest changes in her life. She just started a new job (and to be honest I do not know where) down in south Charlotte but was complaining that she was just assigned to work on a job site at 1st and College....

Interesting tidbit but the intersection of 1st and College has not existed ever since the opening of The Green. Did she mean 1st and Church? That would be the Wachovia site on one side and the Novare project on the other side of the intersection. The Wachovia site is somewhere around $1B in construction.

Not to take more away from Trump, but the information given by aussie luke is interesting. uptownliving, could the location be opposite the Green? That is the lot that will be next to the AACC. But you do raise a good point about the size of the WB and Novare projects that are a block over.

oh man....loose lips sink ships, and this is a BIG ship! i wish i could tell you all what I know. (i feel kind of like NVQ in this post). but the wait will be worth it, kids!!

You know, everyone LOVES a tease. :w00t: Could you at least reveal when an official announcement will be made?

You know, everyone LOVES a tease. :w00t: Could you at least reveal when an official announcement will be made?

Soon. And if anyone were to divulge more info than they should, it would jeopardize the design firm in the front running. But lets just say those designers are so excited about this project that they are bubbling over as much as we are! Sooooo COOL!

Soon. And if anyone were to divulge more info than they should, it would jeopardize the design firm in the front running. But lets just say those designers are so excited about this project that they are bubbling over as much as we are! Sooooo COOL!

Don't mean to be a pain in the keester, but like in a couple of weeks to a month should we expect the renderings? And about the designers, are they excited about the product they have produced or that they were chosen to design the building?

Edited by DaAchiever

Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump were all in Charlotte on Thursday and spotted out at the Wachovia Championship. I know there's plenty of golf spectator opportunities elsewhere and have to assume that they were in town on business. Apparently the three Trump kids are playing a heavy role in Trump Constuction.

Not only were they at the tournament, they were evidently there as guests of Wachovia and Infinity Partners. A friend of mine saw all of them in the clubhouse in the private Wachovia hospitality area having breakfast with Johnny Harris and top Wachovia principals. I would have to guess that they are forming some type of alliance with Wachovia since they are building in the same hood.

Not only were they at the tournament, they were evidently there as guests of Wachovia and Infinity Partners. A friend of mine saw all of them in the clubhouse in the private Wachovia hospitality area having breakfast with Johnny Harris and top Wachovia principals. I would have to guess that they are forming some type of alliance with Wachovia since they are building in the same hood.

I know the Don has some bank account, but could Wachovia be financing or partnering, similar to Bank of America with the Ritz. Maybe trying to "TRUMP" them? :P