Wells Fargo Center Progress

mikeas

I find it hilarious that the Pilot has turned this into a safety issue. Build a building and all your students are at risk.

My understanding, and the Pilot is too focused on the negative, well just plain too ignorant to notice, is that construction is to begin this week. Correct?

That garage is coming down Saturday. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Camera, lights, action.. more emphasis on CAMERA. :D

Hypercruz said there were no bulldozers, etc. There is nothing on site as of 4:40pm. Makes me wonder why it was necessary to close the garage over the weekend. I'm real interested to learn when they're actually going to start working on this thing.

Same design, but view is from the southwest.

WachoviaCentersw-1.jpg

That's not the same rendering as shown on Norfolk's homepage (Urban Planet). I personally like that design better. It's different from the rest of the high-rises downtown. This one isn't awful, I was just hoping for the other one... :(

That's not the same rendering as shown on Norfolk's homepage (Urban Planet). I personally like that design better. It's different from the rest of the high-rises downtown. This one isn't awful, I was just hoping for the other one... :(

:lol: I haven't updated the homepage in about a year, that rendering is long gone. Trust me, there was another rendering that was after the first one and before these newest ones that was absolutely horrid. I think we made out ok in the end.

HRT relocates bus transfer station

The Monticello Avenue and Charlotte Street bus transfer area, Hampton Roads Transit's busiest, has been moved to accommodate construction of the Wachovia Center.

All of the 14 routes that normally stop there on daily rounds have been rerouted to the Cedar Grove parking lot off Monticello Avenue between Virginia Beach Boulevard and Princess Anne Road.

Still no activity on the site though. I was at least expecting to see some pickup trucks from the people doing the interior work. :lol: Not to worry though, all projects in this area get off to a slow start. I remember back when we were all wondering when the Trader Tower and HH would start, I think HH was even 4 months behind.

HRT relocates bus transfer station

Still no activity on the site though. I was at least expecting to see some pickup trucks from the people doing the interior work. :lol: Not to worry though, all projects in this area get off to a slow start. I remember back when we were all wondering when the Trader Tower and HH would start, I think HH was even 4 months behind.

you can have one person doing interior work, like making markings for demolition. I think you guys are just expecting too much too soon. Demolition never moves fast.

Especially if the demolition requires lead and /or asbestos abatement prior to the structures actually coming down.

There were several cars on site yesterday, so they may have been doing the interior work you guys are referring to. Or maybe they were drinking beer. Probably the former.

Nothing worthy of taking pictures of yet but they are definitely working on this. Looks like they just got a large shipment of orange barriers and there were construction crews going in and out of the place. Also, dominion power was out there removing utilities and light post. I have no idea how much preparation is needed in demolishing a building, but hopefully it'll come down in the next few weeks.

Nothing worthy of taking pictures of yet but they are definitely working on this. Looks like they just got a large shipment of orange barriers and there were construction crews going in and out of the place. Also, dominion power was out there removing utilities and light post. I have no idea how much preparation is needed in demolishing a building, but hopefully it'll come down in the next few weeks.

Plus the all-important Porta-John. :P

What is going on??? Are they bringing down the parking garage???

They haven't done anything to the garage yet. Looks like they've been mostly just dropping off equipment this week and clearing trees and bushes. This is going painfully slow. It's hard to tell how close or how far away they are from tearing it down because most of the work they're doing (I assume) is being done within the structure itself.

Archived