Wells Fargo Center Progress

mikeas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm what happens if Wachovia fails?

I need to call Bank of America tomorrow and make some changes in case they fail.

MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS FDIC INSURED! Not all accounts are.

From today's article on VP about Wachovia's 2nd quarter results...

Any job cuts in Hampton Roads are expected to be limited to mortgage operations, said Christine Shaw, a Wachovia spokeswoman.

And the 22-story Wachovia Center office tower being built in downtown Norfolk remains on track.

Hmmm what happens if Wachovia fails?

I need to call Bank of America tomorrow and make some changes in case they fail.

MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS FDIC INSURED! Not all accounts are.

:ph34r: Fear not oh prophet of doom, Wachovia shall march on. :thumbsup: To be honest, I was a little worried about it when they posted the original article without that caveat attached. It does appear however that they've taken all necessary measures to stem the losses and protect their assets. I will remain cautiously optimistic that the project will be finished. They are already way past the point where GT was so it makes no sense for them to stop now.

:ph34r: Fear not oh prophet of doom, Wachovia shall march on. :thumbsup: To be honest, I was a little worried about it when they posted the original article without that caveat attached. It does appear however that they've taken all necessary measures to stem the losses and protect their assets. I will remain cautiously optimistic that the project will be finished. They are already way past the point where GT was so it makes no sense for them to stop now.

Ultimately, the consolidation of offices should save them money.

:offtopic:

Is it just me or does Scope look old and tired in those pictures?

Back on topic.....I'm excited to be able to watch this tower rise. You guys need to take alot of pictures and post them for us.

I think Scope could use a deep power washing or a paint job. The city continues to make improvements to the inside. A new video score board system will be installed this summer.

I think Scope could use a deep power washing or a paint job. The city continues to make improvements to the inside. A new video score board system will be installed this summer.

I'm a huge fan of architectural lighting. It's a shame Norfolk none, except those odd lights under the bridge.

actually the scope is a rare gem in the US, it is a building designed by Nervi, who was an amazing concrete architect/engineer from his day. If the city wanted to the could hollow out the dome, dig deeper and rebuild a new stadium inside of it because the exterior shell is a stand alone structure that doesnt rely on its interior for support.

just a little off topic fact about the building. I had to do a paper on him during winter quarter, so it was nice learning more about him.

Oh and yes it could use a good cleaning.

So how is the Wachovia building coming? seeing this is a thread about that building.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is progress on the bulding going very slow?

I thought that this building was on the fast track!

I pretty much thought the same thing when I went to the gun show a few weeks ago. It seems hella busy with all the equipment and materials but not much else. Maybe we need an aerial photo!!

I pretty much thought the same thing when I went to the gun show a few weeks ago. It seems hella busy with all the equipment and materials but not much else. Maybe we need an aerial photo!!

The first elevated slab forms (Second Floor) are always double to triple the amount of effort. After the first floor slab is poured and a routine is established a floor will be poured every eight to ten days.

Archived