Wells Fargo Center Progress

mikeas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, do some research. <_<

The city will issue parking revenue bonds to pay for the space, just as it did with 150 West Main Street, the last office tower built in Downtown Norfolk. Parking fees will pay the debt service on the bonds.

Is there a reason they keep leaving out the Trader tower?. As far as I know, it's totally office. :huh:

Drove by today. Surprised to see that half of the entrance was just a pile of rock. Good to see. Didnt look like they did much work after 12 though. Wonder how long itll take them to get the whole thing down. I know I was ticked last weekend when I tried to park there so I could get to Baxters and they had it closed but now that I see whats going on I feel better. I'm sure its already been talked about, but what will be done to get back the parking that will be lost?

Drove by today. Surprised to see that half of the entrance was just a pile of rock. Good to see. Didnt look like they did much work after 12 though. Wonder how long itll take them to get the whole thing down. I know I was ticked last weekend when I tried to park there so I could get to Baxters and they had it closed but now that I see whats going on I feel better. I'm sure its already been talked about, but what will be done to get back the parking that will be lost?

my guess is probably not much until light rail goes in. I think they want to keep their numbers down on parking until that all happens. It looks better when asking for federal money.

First things first, welcome to the forum. :) Temporary parking is located on the two surface lots where the Downtown Plaza once stood. When the building is complete, it will contain two city owned garages, effectively doubling the parking space that was availiable in the garage that was torn down.

I remeber hearing somewhere that one of the retail tenants will be a new Dunkin' Donuts.

If so I hope it is a 24 hour location. I'm getting tired of having to drive all the way to the VA. Beach Blvd. location when I have a hankering for a cup of DD coffee and a couple donuts!

Can anyone confim that DD will be a tenant? :dontknow:

I remeber hearing somewhere that one of the retail tenants will be a new Dunkin' Donuts.

If so I hope it is a 24 hour location. I'm getting tired of having to drive all the way to the VA. Beach Blvd. location when I have a hankering for a cup of DD coffee and a couple donuts!

Can anyone confim that DD will be a tenant? :dontknow:

It was mentioned in the DD news report for the upgraded store in Chesapeake, but not independently confirmed to the best of my knowledge. It almost assuredly will not be a 24 hour location, there's still too much of a stigma attached to downtown for that be successful, at least in my opinion.

First things first, welcome to the forum. :) Temporary parking is located on the two surface lots where the Downtown Plaza once stood. When the building is complete, it will contain two city owned garages, effectively doubling the parking space that was availiable in the garage that was torn down.

Thanks...I just moved to Norfolk so still getting used to everything down here. Good to know there will be more parking as Ive found it somewhat of a hassle finding parking down there since I'm not used to the city life. Looking forward to seeing these projects come to life.

OK, Other than the Dunkin Donuts,

does anyone know of any more retail that has been announced for this development??

Most of the announcements have been for the office space.

I'd be surprised if many announcements are made this early in the process. It's not like getting tenant commitments for the tower itself, which is obviously a bigger commitment. I don't think they'll have much problem filling the shops that will be built around the tower.

Archived