>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

Doesn't it depend on what part of Boston you're in? There's tons of wooden housing in some parts of Boston--like Southie, Dorchester, Roslindale, JP, and also in neighboring Cambridge, Somerville, etc. Is it just me or are the parts that are mostly brick closer to the center of Boston -- South End, North End, Beacon Hill, Back Bay?

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So one of the windows in Jacob Licht has the paper down and there is an enormous Gargoyle front and center. Any news on what the hell this will be?

Any eta's on price rite moving? I went to radio shack in that plaza the other day and was amazed at how many stores have closed since I was last there (when shaw's was still open). Its a ghost town.

So one of the windows in Jacob Licht has the paper down and there is an enormous Gargoyle front and center. Any news on what the hell this will be?

Any eta's on price rite moving? I went to radio shack in that plaza the other day and was amazed at how many stores have closed since I was last there (when shaw's was still open). Its a ghost town.

• 2 weeks later...

No protest from that terrorist organization the ONA? Very surprising.. I thought the United Way was an evil empire, doing good for people yet apparently pricing people out of The O..

Terrorism is an anxiety-inspiring method of repeated violent action, employed by (semi-) clandestine individual, group or state actors, for idiosyncratic, criminal or political reasons, whereby the direct targets of violence are not the main targets.

I'd say this accurately sums up the ONA to me.. they create anxiety to all the well-to-do residents, are clandestine, support criminal activity, and the direct targets of their actions (us) are not the main targets (gentrifiers).. I implore anyone to provide an argument that the ONA is wrongly catagorized as terrorists by The Ank..

Cicilline to meet with Federal Hill residents

Federal Hill residents get a chance to meet with the mayor tomorrow at the Mayor's Night Out get-together.

Individuals or groups can have up to 10 minutes to meet with the officials, but meetings are on a first-come first-serve basis, so people seeking a meeting should be sure to show up on time.

Mayor

If anyone is concerned about the upswing in graffiti in the Armory and West Broadway/Fed Hill neighborhoods please come on by and let officials know that you take this crime seriously.

Crime Watch Meeting January 22, 2008

6:30 pm to 7:30 pm

At WBNA Headquarters

1560 Westminster Street

Happy New Year!

The Neighborhood Acton Crime Watch Group meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month with interested and concerned neighbors, Members of the Attorney Generals office and District 4 Providence police to address current crime and quality of life issues, as well as the planning of certain neighborhood events. Please join us this Tuesday for the first Neighborhood Acton Crime Watch meeting of 2008.

This meeting is always open to all.

AGENDA : This month, our primary focus will be on the alarming increase in gang activity (and shootings) in the West End, and the subsequent barrage of graffiti that we have been witnessing. We have had many reports of private as well as public property being defaced, and at this meeting we will discuss how we can get it cleaned up ASAP, as well as what we can do to prevent this disturbing trend from continuing in our neighborhood.

On hand for this meeting, in addition to Linda Calderone from the Attorney General's office and Lt. Mary Day, we hope to have representatives from the city's Graffiti Task Force and the Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services.

Please bring to this meeting, if you are able:

any information you have about taggers or suspected taggers

photos of graffiti and taggers

neighbors interested in graffiti abatement

If you have other issues or concerns, please bring them to the table on Tuesday for discussion.

Please forward this email to anyone you think may be interested in attending!!

Another Public Works Item from the 1/29/08 6:00 PM meeting:

Petition from Richard J. Conti, Atwells Revival A, LLC, 296 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917, requesting the abandonment of Messenger Street from Atwells Avenue to its intersection with Spruce Street.

Petition from Richard J. Conti, Atwells Revival A, LLC, 296 George Washington Highway, Smithfield, Rhode Island 02917, requesting the abandonment of Cheeves Place from Atwells Avenue.

Archived