Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is early speculation, but I wonder if Wells Fargo will occupy all of the space that Wachovia had intended to use in this tower? How much of Wachovia's currently leased space uptown will expire by the time the transaction goes through?

I'm quite suprised nobody has posted about the "construction accident." Apparently there was a "crane malfunction" where the crane dropped its load and down the side of the building shattering windows on the tryon st. side of the building causing glass to rain down on the street. Nobody was hurt, however the load that was dropped from the crane hit a school bus putting a HUGE dent in the roof of it. It was not clear what the load was, but It looks like it was a steel beam by the looks of the dent in the school bus. The accident is not really a big deal, however the state is investigating because it is the second accident this week. Usually a construction site does not need to document such things unless a construction worker dies or several are severely injured.

175-WACHTOWER_09.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

388-WACHTOWER_08.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

128-WACHTOWER_05.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

963-WACHTOWER_04.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.jpg

Great SHOTS! You didn't happen to get one of the rear of Knight Theater by any chance? If not cool, otherwise great shots. Its nice to see everything coming together at a nice healthy pace.

The rear of the Knight has changed a bit from the model. They used a lighter brick, and actually added a few more doorways into the place, although I suspect they are utility entrances or something, with a customer entrance being on the corner as in the renderings. The windows on the ground floor are low enough for pedestrians to view in. I still hold my ground that it is not going to be a negative for pedestrians, even though it is not overtly positive either.

Hopefully, someone can take a photo and we can have a more complete debate about it.

So the new Wachovia tower - and its fun environmental glass - is absolutely blinding our office. The sun is hitting the perfect angle in the afternoon now to drench the whole space it bright, horrible white light. And on Sunday I was coming up S Tryon toward Uptown and nearly went off the road near Moorehead because i couldn't see anything. Its making me a bigger advocate of louvers.

/the Mint...we won't know if the condo tower is being built unless it rises above 6 floors. i was thinking the condos may still be built but delayed, but there is going to be so much activity in this area it seems like it would be a real pain for them to be constructing a 40+ story tower in the middle of the openings.

i also just found out the Bechtler opening has been pushed back a bit to early 2010

Archived