Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

It isn't really like we are speculating on them stopping work, right? There seems no chance that it won't go to completion. In my thinking, the recent slowdown would probably be that OSHA is carefully scrutinizing the project with one fatality, and another accident that could have easily resulted in a fatality (the beam that smashed the schoolbus... if it had been a car, I think the person/people would have died).

It also could be that they are working with the beams at an angle, etc. But I agree that the windows seem to be going up at the same pace.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all... There's almost no way this thing doesn't get finished. Of course, we can all speculate that the condo tower won't go anytime soon. I could definitely seeing the slowdown based on OSHA now that I think about it (good point dubone). Of course it seems like the weather has been like complete crap in Charlotte lately too, so that would slow things down as well.

I agree that the recent pace is really probably a combination of OSHA slowdowns and the angle of the steel being erected.

I have no idea how many more floors, but I'm guessing the core that we're seeing is the structural height minus the handle that will be added to the top.

I think it's topped out other than the handle.

The crane was maneuvering at about 7pm at night with the lights on Monday night. I think it's just an illusion that work is slowing. I'm sure there are priorities hat have taken control inside with this crappy weather. The conclusion to the structure is quite complex after all.

Has anyone passed by the Wach Mint/condo tower portion to see if it looks like they're proceeding with the condo tower? I think we came to the conclusion that it looked like there was re-bar in place for a 7th floor, and thus, the condo tower portion since the Mint will only rise 6 floors.

On a side note, look what I found in a thread on Sao Paulo, Brazil:

MarginalPinheiros.jpg

Look familiar?

Has anyone passed by the Wach Mint/condo tower portion to see if it looks like they're proceeding with the condo tower? I think we came to the conclusion that it looked like there was re-bar in place for a 7th floor, and thus, the condo tower portion since the Mint will only rise 6 floors.

It was raining today but I snapped this photo as I drove by this afternoon. You can see two walls, one concrete and the other one exposed rebar, going up on the 7th floor. I can't really say why construction is proceeding above the roof of the 6th floor; it could be the condo portion or maybe part of a redesign.

I will say that from the mouth of someone who has face time with Bob Steel, the condo tower is dead.

The Wachovia tower itself will generate enough tax revenue that Wachovia/Wells will be off the hook in regards to their committed tax financing.

On a side note, look what I found in a thread on Sao Paulo, Brazil:

MarginalPinheiros.jpg

Look familiar?

Archived