Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no one knows for sure and your guess is as good as ours. The sales office at Three Wachovia that was slated to open this summer/fall is not, nor does it look like it will at this point. It's safe to say the new owner (Wells Fargo) could be assessing what to do with that part of the project.

I hope the condo tower gets built, but won't hold my breath. If not, then maybe the can built a personal lookout tower for me so I can see the hustle and bustle of downtown after 5pm.

By the way, my prayers goes out the Thyssen Krup employee who killed this week. Such a young guy with a lot of promise.

just saw a huge picture board of the Wachovia Campus on the corner of South Tryon and Stonewall as I was riding by. For those who would love to see the condo tower built, it is included in the picture board. Take it for what it's worth.

Too bad I didn't get a pic. Initial or Mobuchu, can you get a pic?

Well, I only count 6 floors there, so as of right now there's nothing there to indicate the condo tower is getting built. I think it's still pretty safe to say that component of the project is dead.

it isn't. But what I said is when The Park "was" being erected (as is actual work), putting up the steel beams was a rather slow process. Anyway, I haven't seen any trucks bringing the prefab concrete floor plates in quite a while. So not sure if they are going to bring them later or if they are constructing the floors with a different method.

It isn't really like we are speculating on them stopping work, right? There seems no chance that it won't go to completion. In my thinking, the recent slowdown would probably be that OSHA is carefully scrutinizing the project with one fatality, and another accident that could have easily resulted in a fatality (the beam that smashed the schoolbus... if it had been a car, I think the person/people would have died).

It also could be that they are working with the beams at an angle, etc. But I agree that the windows seem to be going up at the same pace.

Archived