Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe you are correct and it has started to tape towards the handle on the one corner. If you look at the photos from the model the other corner starts to taper a couple floors later.

327443151_98d9e0437b.jpg

Ok, let's say that hypothetically the condo tower does get built for whatever reason. Given its peak looks to be approximately the same height as where the taper starts on the office tower, the condo tower will actually be a lot larger than i had previously anticipated. Given how big of an impact the office tower has already made and how large it looks on its side of town, the condo tower will do well to help balance that out. That is, if it is built to current design, if at all.

^Well..... isn't the purpose of a hypothesis being put to question, to discuss the the validity of said hypothesis? It would seem to me to be fruitless to discuss the merits of a tower that is not going to built, on Charlotte's skyline. Kinda like the discussion on the other big tower that First Union never built, the 100 story proposal of 1999. (both iterations)

However I only asked why such a tower would be built even in the context of no failing economy. If there is an answer to that, I would be very interested to hear it. Maybe someone here has some insight in the matter.

The height of the tower was looking very impressive last night driving I-77 South. It almost odd to see another building sticking up when BofA and Hearst used to be the only ones sticking above the tree line. I started thinking about what sort of lighting might be used on the finished tower; hopefully something impressive to compete with the very prominent lighting on Hearst and BofA. I really like 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta.

The height of the tower was looking very impressive last night driving I-77 South. It almost odd to see another building sticking up when BofA and Hearst used to be the only ones sticking above the tree line. I started thinking about what sort of lighting might be used on the finished tower; hopefully something impressive to compete with the very prominent lighting on Hearst and BofA. I really like 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta.

There is no reason to assume the condo tower will not be constructed. The project has been designed with extra parking for the condo tower and there is going to be a very substantial foundation in place to support it. Wells could easily sell the rights to build a tower there....whether it be condo or office. It might be 5 years down the road, but someone will want to cash in on infrastructure that is already in place.

Thats interesting krazee, because I was thinking the opposite. The view from the airport, Wilkinson, and Morehead Street all make it look larger than BofA.

Also, I was on College Street today, and the taper has definitely started. I have a picture on my cellphone, and if I can figure out how to get it off of there, I'll post it.

Thats interesting krazee, because I was thinking the opposite. The view from the airport, Wilkinson, and Morehead Street all make it look larger than BofA.

Also, I was on College Street today, and the taper has definitely started. I have a picture on my cellphone, and if I can figure out how to get it off of there, I'll post it.

As a newcomer my opinion probably doesn't hold much weight but I have to agree with Spartan.....I fly out of CLT on a weekly basis and for the last couple months I have noticed that One WachoFargo ( :unsure: )Center is virtually shrouded by this behemoth from almost every angle. Not to mention the I-277 view....to me this POV makes it look both taller (look how much lower the road is than the foundation) and wider (since BOA & Hearst are not in the immediate foreground). Lastly, the Royal Court webcam.

Personally I think I think Wells Fargovia Corporate Center is much wider than Bank of America Corp and perhaps the Hearst. Lets not forget how much more Sq feet the tower has than BofA Corp, so in theory it must have a larger girth.

Ok, I apologize, this is a very crappy picture from my cellphone. But in my defense it looked good at the time. I need to bump up the resolution. At any rate, if you look carefully you can see the top two floors are tapered back a little. If I have time I'll try to get out there with my real camera.

101308_090200.jpg

Here's another picture thats not worth much of the other Wachovia towers.

101308_090300.jpg

As a newcomer my opinion probably doesn't hold much weight but I have to agree with Spartan.....I fly out of CLT on a weekly basis and for the last couple months I have noticed that One WachoFargo ( :unsure: )Center is virtually shrouded by this behemoth from almost every angle. Not to mention the I-277 view....to me this POV makes it look both taller (look how much lower the road is than the foundation) and wider (since BOA & Hearst are not in the immediate foreground). Lastly, the Royal Court webcam.

Archived