Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

Bled_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I just saw an image of the Citibank (Wachovia) tower on the distrubers website and on the royal court condos and It is making a tremendous impact on the skyline.

questions: The floors that angle in towards the handle will they be done in steel? If so, when will the steel begin. How tall will the steel section be? How much shorter will this building be compared to the BofA building.

Looking forward to some new photos of the building from those great photographers that post here.

Wow...I just saw an image of the Citibank (Wachovia) tower on the distrubers website and on the royal court condos and It is making a tremendous impact on the skyline.

questions: The floors that angle in towards the handle will they be done in steel? If so, when will the steel begin. How tall will the steel section be? How much shorter will this building be compared to the BofA building.

Looking forward to some new photos of the building from those great photographers that post here.

I know for a fact that it will be steel for the handle. Steelfab here in Charlotte is providing the steel. Also, the top of the handle is referred to as floor 55, so that could be where some of the 50+ floor comments from workers on site came from earlier in the construction.

Has it actually been stated anywhere that this project will be taken over by Citigroup? Or, is there a possibility that it will remain with the new Wachovia that is being formed from the stuff that Citi did not take?

It would seem to me that Citigroup does not need this tower whereas the new Wachovia needs a new place to setup shop and would have a lot stronger local ties.

Has it actually been stated anywhere that this project will be taken over by Citigroup? Or, is there a possibility that it will remain with the new Wachovia that is being formed from the stuff that Citi did not take?

It would seem to me that Citigroup does not need this tower whereas the new Wachovia needs a new place to setup shop and would have a lot stronger local ties.

With this morning's headlines we will now have a stage coach and horses on the handle. Instead of a similarity between the look of the buildings we now have a reference to the similarlity of San Francisco and Charlotte as 19th century gold rush destinations.

Yea, but to be a little pessimistic, we can't celebrate until they go higher than the floor count for the Mint museum. Until then, it can just be attributed to the museum rather than the condo tower.

^I think that really depends upon Wells Fargo plans for Charlotte. The tower does have the advantage of no property taxes for 20 years. On the other hand, it means that some other downtown tower will be emptied out to fill it as I can't imagine that Wells will keep the same # of people downtown as this tower was intended to fill. Idon't know what Wells position has been in regards to owning this kind of real estate in other cities.

^ No property taxes? What??!! It's the other way around....the complex is guaranteed to pay AT LEAST a minimum taxes on enough to cover the s-TIF portion of the art related debt even if they don't complete the office and condo towers. It comes out to something like the have to pay at least the taxes on $550M or so of value, and if the complex is appraised more, they have to pay the difference.

^ No property taxes? What??!! It's the other way around....the complex is guaranteed to pay AT LEAST a minimum taxes on enough to cover the s-TIF portion of the art related debt even if they don't complete the office and condo towers. It comes out to something like the have to pay at least the taxes on $550M or so of value, and if the complex is appraised more, they have to pay the difference.

Archived