SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

• 4 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Updated rendering and new project name "10 Tryon".  The office building (on the right) just (today) began marketing the top 4 floors (floors 6-9).  I believe it is parking deck beneath that.

Updated site plan.  It looks like all parking is above grade accessed off the new ally that already exists.  The rendering looks like a hotel with condos/apartments on top, but I don't see a motor-lobby for a hotel on the site plan, so maybe all residential?  There is no color code in the site plan to indicate what the different uses are.

Oh....the obvious is, Publix is being included in the marketing material.

10 Tryon.bmp

10 Tryon siteplan.pdf

Heres renderings. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 12.10.54 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016-09-06_at_12.11.37_PM.png

Just now, RiverwoodCLT said:

10 Tryon site plans

10%20Tryon%20siteplan-2_zps8oem4ctj.png

You know what my favorite part of this project is? Its the fact that on one block you have the potential of 900 residences, 150-200 hotel rooms, 90k of office, and places for people to shop. Thats the kind of uses every block has the potential for. We shouldn't settle for a super block of single use.

20 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You know what my favorite part of this project is? Its the fact that on one block you have the potential of 900 residences, 150-200 hotel rooms, 90k of office, and places for people to shop. Thats the kind of uses every block has the potential for. We shouldn't settle for a super block of single use.

So much this.  

I am looking closely at the rendering and it looks like a slight street intention for a possible hotel drop off area on 9th street. Wonder if they would be condos or apartments above a hotel? Condo financing for builders is still very tough might be easier to do apartments firsts then convert down the road. Also looks like a little more retail on the right side of the Publix near the office building lobby. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I am looking closely at the rendering and it looks like a slight street intention for a possible hotel drop off area on 9th street. Wonder if they would be condos or apartments above a hotel? Condo financing for builders is still very tough might be easier to do apartments firsts then convert down the road. Also looks like a little more retail on the right side of the Publix near the office building lobby. 

Last I heard Condos were the intended use for the residential. Though this certainly could have changed. Unfortunately, the Apartment to Condo conversion has a lot more roadblocks than Condo to Apartment, so thats very unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

*******UPDATE*******

Those renderings are no longer accurate. Hotel & Residential are no longer a part of the project. it will just be office and publix and a bit more retail. The hotel/residence building on the south side will not exist and will be a phase 2 of office.

Just when I'm like "Holy crap, Charlotte is doing some world class urban infill" this happens.

madruss.gif

Edited by Guest

50 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

*******UPDATE*******

Those renderings are no longer accurate. Hotel & Residential are no longer a part of the project. it will just be office and publix and a bit more retail. The hotel/residence building on the south side will not exist and will be a phase 2 of office.

I was wondering why Jason Thomas took down his instagram. I think this would have been a tough condo sell. I think condos closer to romare or all the stonewall development would be an easier sell. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan20 said:

I was wondering why Jason Thomas took down his instagram. I think this would have been a tough condo sell. I think condos closer to romare or all the stonewall development would be an easier sell. 

Long term, condos would be fine here. I am hoping the "phase B" here is open to whatever the market is dictating at the time. 

• Like 1