SkyHouse Charlotte, Publix and 10Tryon Tower in 4th Ward

monsoon

I lived next door for years, until 18 months ago, to a man who was a principal in one of the major development and management companies in Charlotte. We were discussing a person he and I each knew and was a tenant in one of his uptown buildings. In a general comment he said his company had more trouble with the higher rent/sft tenants than those who had lower rates. And in the case of this particular person he said he was the source of more of their issues, time, and costs than all tenants together in the same building. This is commercial property not residential.

I had residential income property and the local company which managed it said the same thing. Lower rent/sft tenants make some problems but tend to move out or can be made to do so. Higher rent tenants were the source of much more of the chronic issues.

3 hours ago, dubone said:

the people I know had different reasons.  The main theme was luxury pricing, but they did not feel like the amenities and neighbor's behavior were up to that level (people acting badly). 

Was wondering about the pricing, I had checked the availability a couple of years ago and couldn't understand the numbers, although my intuitive objection was more because of floor-plan/layout (awkward and wasted space) against the price being asked.  Maybe that's perfectly normal, but if neighbor related is that simply a noise factor, or things in the hallways/common spaces?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Is it all office above retail or is the left side facing a hotel or apartments? Is the Publix signed on? 

Its all Office, and the grocery is shell space so its not said if its Publix or not. 
Here is more items.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.37.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.37.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.37.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.34.54 PM.png

Edited by Guest

If Publix is not totally on board wonder if they are talking to Sprouts, a Trader Joes like grocery store chain from Arizona which just opened its first store in Raleigh. Ballantyne is getting one right south of the Country Club on 521 in Colinayre shopping center underway now. I have heard Sprouts was rumored for that new Lincoln Property apartment complex at Kenliworth and Morehead so I don't know. 

• Like 1

If Publix is not totally on board wonder if they are talking to Sprouts, a Trader Joes like grocery store chain from Arizona which just opened its first store in Raleigh. Ballantyne is getting one right south of the Country Club on 521 in Colinayre shopping center underway now. I have heard Sprouts was rumored for that new Lincoln Property apartment complex at Kenliworth and Morehead so I don't know. 

It's publix for sure.

In regards to the other part, I think the retail shrank too small for sprouts at the Lincoln.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

View from Water Bean, across the street from SkyHouse. Their Banh Mi is on point!

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0139.JPG

boy are they going to be thrilled to get a 325k+ worth of office workers.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, KJHburg said:

I think the fence might be a city requirement. That was pine mulch on the lot. According to sources it will be started this year right @ricky_davis_fan_21

A fence like that ain't a requirement. Thats super weird. Maybe there was a deal at Homedepot? Construction should start in the next few months

Edited by Guest

The fence and maybe this razor wire is going in because there is so much homeless, vagrants etc walking by this area and they don't want an encampment out there. I saw some big camps out in southern California last time I was there including in affluent Orange County.  There is a serious problem with panhandlers and homeless on the N Tryon corridor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Why aren't they worried about all the downtown parks then? Seems to me there are better approaches but it's only temporary right?

Probably because this is private property and the owner would have to call police. City owned property police can tell them move on or face arrest. Not sure what the reason is for the fence but razor wire seems extreme. 

• Like 1