Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

The east bank parking lots that seem the biggest waste to me are the ones on the north side of Woodland going up to James Robertson Parkway and beyond.  No stadium is ever going to go there.  Just put up a garage and build massive infill housing or even office uses there.  I would shed no tears for LimeLight, and I'm sure that the Thai restaurant could be relocated.

Same goes for that tiny, gross hotel on JRP at the interstate overpass.  The truckstop serves a purpose and is out of the way, so I don't mind that as much.

By the way, the old Days Inn Stadium Inn at 1st/Spring Street has been purchased by Clarion and has been totally redone.  Well, almost totally.  They haven't fixed the elevators yet.  But the rooms are pretty nice now and the lobby is very contemporary.  I had a friend in town who stayed there recently and his room had a new marble bathroom and stunning skyline views.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 3

The east bank parking lots that seem the biggest waste to me are the ones on the north side of Woodland going up to James Robertson Parkway and beyond.  No stadium is ever going to go there.  Just put up a garage and build massive infill housing or even office uses there.  I would shed no tears for LimeLight, and I'm sure that the Thai restaurant could be relocated.

Same goes for that tiny, gross hotel on JRP at the interstate overpass.  The truckstop serves a purpose and is out of the way, so I don't mind that as much.

By the way, the old Days Inn Stadium Inn at 1st/Spring Street has been purchased by Clarion and has been totally redone.  Well, almost totally.  They haven't fixed the elevators yet.  But the rooms are pretty nice now and the lobby is very contemporary.  I had a friend in town who stayed there recently and his room had a new marble bathroom and stunning skyline views.

someone please demolish the atrocity known as the Stadium Inn!!!

I don't see why the city, even the federal govt doesnt shut this place down. Since I've been born, that thing has been one of the biggest eyesores on the fringes of downtown. It seems like every tornado and major storm we have skips right over this building, with not even a scratch

The reviews on tripadvisor are hilarious!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55229-d122629-Reviews-Stadium_Inn-Nashville_Tennessee.html

• Like 1

someone please demolish the atrocity known as the Stadium Inn!!!

I don't see why the city, even the federal govt doesnt shut this place down. Since I've been born, that thing has been one of the biggest eyesores on the fringes of downtown. It seems like every tornado and major storm we have skips right over this building, with not even a scratch

The reviews on tripadvisor are hilarious!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55229-d122629-Reviews-Stadium_Inn-Nashville_Tennessee.html

Totally hilarious, and totally true.  The reviews of the Knight Inn on Spring Street are surprisingly positive, though.  They must be upping their game to keep up with the Clarion/Days Inn/Roger Miller's King Of The Road Hotel next door.

I seriously died laughing reading this one:

"I was on a low budget and the sign said 25$ per night so I go to the counter to purchace a week room for 125$. The counter area was reasonably clean and kept but the guy at the counter looked like a crackhead. I was kind of desperate so being a big dummy I gave him the money without checking the room first. When I turned the corner horror started to arise in me. The filth was apauling. I got on the rigkety elevator which should have never passed inspection. To the 3rd floor. When I enter the hallway I was appauled by the scene out of a Steven King movie with crackheads thieves crooks and murderers runing from room to room smoking crack weed and doing who knows what but it wasnt moral. I opened the door to two broke down bunk beds that were nasty and the room smelled like flormaldahide. I run back down to the counter and demand another room because of the stench. The guy then informs me that a dead body that was in that room was blue when they pulled him out and that was the disenfectant used to kill the dead man smell and that I would have to stay there or leave with no refund. So being stuck I go back up to the dead man room and leave the door open all night so the smell could escape. I slept in the chair. Now Im mad and i contemplate my options. I go to work at opryland hotel taking in all the plush accomidations comparing it to the hole hell dump I was staying at. That night I go up to the room biting my tonge passing the counter and go to turn on the sink in the bathroom when I did the whole sink came off the wall and crashed to the floor ,and thousands of roaches came out of the hole in the wall I go back down and inform the crackhead attendant so him and a burly black security crackhead guard follows me up and when they see it they commence trying to beat me up little knowing im a blackbelt in karate. I make short work of them leaving them in their pile of roaches. Leaving discusted I kick the front door out smashing the glass into a billion pieces and get in my car and drive accross the road to wait for the police to come which never did so I left not looking back. Next day when i had better accomidations I called the health department and reported them obviously that did no good scince they are still in business. All I can fiqure out is they are paying someone off because that place is a health risk and a den for drug sells and manufactureing with prostitutes spreading disease throughout the city. The place needs dynomited and the whole property quaranteened as a toxic waste dump and the owner jailed for life.."

The reviews alone should have this place shut down. I guess Dean and the council have never driven by this place... Or even even the codes dept. 

To get back on topic, here is a pic 

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19575169/sidebar-stadium-inn-evacauated-by-fire

Even a fire can't destroy it. 

The reviews alone should have this place shut down. I guess Dean and the council have never driven by this place... Or even even the codes dept. 

To get back on topic, here is a pic 

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19575169/sidebar-stadium-inn-evacauated-by-fire

Even a fire can't destroy it. 

90 people were inside? Wow. That's one helluva meth operation they've got going there.

It is the tower crane for the Sheraton. They need it to rehabilitate the 26th floor sun deck and glass atrium which leaked beyond repair when I worked there. I told Ron, Kevin and WW last night. Should be 350 at its final height since the hotel is 300 feet.

The 26th floor sun deck is being rebuilt and I have heard they will install high railings and glass to keep anyone from jumping off. 27 is the pedestal under the 28th floor revolving bar. 27 may become a suite as I have heard which opens up to the sun deck, and 28 will be a large penthouse suite renting for $5000 a night, or so I have heard. In any case they need a tower crane to get this work done.

Since there is no 13th floor, the building is actually 27 floors.

• Like 3

Metro did nothing about the James Robertson Apartments when I complained several times years ago. I wrote to the Metro Council and to the Mayors Office. I tried to get Channel 5 involved, and they has no interest. The James Robertson Apartments has the same issues as the Stadium Inn. I remember when Tony offered the owner of the James Robertson Apartments millions for the building, and he refused since he gets about $1000 per month per resident from the Federal Government for having low income housing.

Metro could care less about the Stadium Inn just like the Citgo across for me since they are paying taxes. They could care less about an 1830's Mansion being demolished to make way for a Virgin Hotel however. Does not make any sense. The only way the Stadium Inn goes away is when that area gets revitalized and the land is worth more than the business. Better people use prostitutes and over dose in there rather than on the street.

I think Metro does care in some of those cases. Yes, the Citgo pays taxes...but imagine how much more in property taxes a multistory mixed use development would pay. Same with the Stadium Inn. The place is a rat hole. That diminishes the property value. A larger, nicer, newer hotel would bring more to the coffers. 

But I do wonder, with places like Stadium Inn, why the city hasn't shut the place down. Between health violations, rampant prostitution and drugs, there are more than enough reasons for Metro to board them up. With Citgo (disclaimer -- I've never been inside), the owners might not be as much at fault, as a gas station/convenience store is a legitimate business (their problem seems to be that they do little to curb or discourage the incidents that take place on their property -- am I right?).

• Like 1