Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Sid45365, May 7, 2021, 5 x.png

Ax grind alert.  I feel as if I'm among my people so rant commencing.  This is a sweet photo.  As I was enjoying it yet again, a few things started to stick out.  Full disclosure, I had just finished visiting the Wiki tall buildings page.  Every time I get past the pain of the relative heights listed on that page, I see a photo like this.   Given the proximity of the examples I'll use, I say elevation/schmelevation.  How is there a 100' difference between The Place at 5th & Broad (listed at 433') and 501 Commerce (listed at 331")?  And if you can logically solve that one, go ahead and explain how the Renaissance is  listed at 385'.  For those playing along, that's 54' taller than 501 Commerce, 48' shorter than The Place, and yet looks as tall or taller in this photo than The Place????  Pinnacle is listed at at 417', a full three slots behind Bridgestone at 460', yet looks darn near the same height.   Elevation variances make much more sense as I look all the way to the Broadwest Office Tower (listed at 326') and consider the relative height difference between it and say, Endeavor (listed at 344').  But even with that allowance, there still seems to be just too much height variance.    Reg Z sets forth truth is lending.  We need a Reg TTT for tell the truth in building!   Okay, rant over.  Move along people.  Nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Ax grind alert.  I feel as if I'm among my people so rant commencing.  This is a sweet photo.  As I was enjoying it yet again, a few things started to stick out.  Full disclosure, I had just finished visiting the Wiki tall buildings page.  Every time I get past the pain of the relative heights listed on that page, I see a photo like this.   Given the proximity of the examples I'll use, I say elevation/schmelevation.  How is there a 100' difference between The Place at 5th & Broad (listed at 433') and 501 Commerce (listed at 331")?  And if you can logically solve that one, go ahead and explain how the Renaissance is  listed at 385'.  For those playing along, that's 54' taller than 501 Commerce, 48' shorter than The Place, and yet looks as tall or taller in this photo than The Place????  Pinnacle is listed at at 417', a full three slots behind Bridgestone at 460', yet looks darn near the same height.   Elevation variances make much more sense as I look all the way to the Broadwest Office Tower (listed at 326') and consider the relative height difference between it and say, Endeavor (listed at 344').  But even with that allowance, there still seems to be just too much height variance.    Reg Z sets forth truth is lending.  We need a Reg TTT for tell the truth in building!   Okay, rant over.  Move along people.  Nothing to see here.

On Bridgestone and Pinnacle…as you can see, Bridgestone is in fact taller.  However…I think we’ve discussed before that Pinnacle seems to be closer to about 430 or so.

bridgestone taller than pinnacle.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that.  I understand variations arising from different angles, views, and such.  Yet even your example drives home my point.  Just wish that page had more accurate listings.  Even in the photo you posted, the bane of my existence (with this gripe) is looming.  505 at 522' and 5/3 at 490'????  Calgon take me away.  :tw_tounge_wink:

2 hours ago, nashville born said:

Specifically for The Place, 501 Commerce, and the Renaissance they seem to be correct and looks correct in the picture. The difference is where the height (and floor count) is measured from, which should be the address location. 501 Commerce is the highest elevation, then Renaissance, then The Place

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

That is extremely impressive for the city! Thanks Ron! 

We are definitely getting some height. Ultimately we will need to go through this current build cycle and then the next wave (when land is much more premium) we will see the taller structures that everyone grapples for.

Yeah…the landowners in the CBD who won’t sell right now will look like geniuses in the next cycle (if they live long enough to see that era).  Can’t imagine the price of some of those parking lots in say 20 years.

• Like 2