Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On 8/10/2019 at 1:42 PM, Skyscrapergeek said:

Yep.  Tony was almost that guy if not for the recession.   Unfortunately I think that was our shot but who really knows.  

Speaking of Tony, this rainbow looked good before the federal courthouse went up.

IMG_0534.thumb.jpg.887e00d3baec1d87c229829f44a20684.jpg

• Like 4

Crane was going up today on the hotel sandwiched between  interstate loop and titans stadium. Sorry I don’t remember name of hotel.

8A07D976-C6A4-4A5E-8BCD-B21F2B54309C.jpeg

Got a pic of the stadium inn and it had this sign hanging on it. Hope this is a good sign of something coming. 

F5232C9C-A8B9-498A-936C-8DC9EFABA62A.jpeg

Anyone know if something is about to be built here. 

Edited by Buildtall
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Buildtall said:

Crane was going up today on the hotel sandwiched between  interstate loop and titans stadium. Sorry I don’t remember name of hotel.

8A07D976-C6A4-4A5E-8BCD-B21F2B54309C.jpeg

Got a pic of the stadium inn and it had this sign hanging on it. Hope this is a good sign of something coming. 

F5232C9C-A8B9-498A-936C-8DC9EFABA62A.jpeg

Anyone know if something is about to be built here. 

Stadium inn is being repurposed from what I understand. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

Happy and surprised to see such a quick start on the Stadium Inn renovation. I would've volunteered to be on that crew for a day just to see what was inside some of those rooms.

There was a very well done article a couple of months ago about the Stadium Inn and the community (mostly homeless/transient) it serves. I believe it was in the Post. It was mostly utilized by transients who could scrounge up enough money for a weeks rent and people who were down on their luck and came to Nashville in search of work. The article painted the owners to be donkeys but the building served a positive purpose for a specific demographic of people, it'll be interesting to see where that crowd migrates to next.

Anyway, I doubt you really want to see inside of any of those rooms in person.

2 hours ago, 21jump said:

There was a very well done article a couple of months ago about the Stadium Inn and the community (mostly homeless/transient) it serves. I believe it was in the Post. It was mostly utilized by transients who could scrounge up enough money for a weeks rent and people who were down on their luck and came to Nashville in search of work. The article painted the owners to be donkeys but the building served a positive purpose for a specific demographic of people, it'll be interesting to see where that crowd migrates to next.

Anyway, I doubt you really want to see inside of any of those rooms in person.

I think you're referring to this cover story in the Nashville Scene  https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/cover-story/article/21048690/hard-times-at-the-stadium-inn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1