Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, ruraljuror said:

The reflections/shadows on the pinnacle crown make it look like a mini-Batman building just trying to keep up with it's bigger sibling.  

The "Robin" Building :D

Btw...trying to figure out where exactly the helicopter was when it took the photo.   Is it from around the Franklin area?  Even more hilly than I picture in my mind.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, nativetenn said:

... Sorry bout the powerlines.

20190818_121250.thumb.jpg.a0711587d259490b411f90afb846bdb7.jpg

No need to apologize for the power lines... Nashville has come a long way but those power lines blocking the view are just a reminder that one of these days the city will need to focus on less glamorous basic infrastructure like burying these power lines, fixing roads, and repairing/installing sidewalks. I know KVB has an unusual amount of heavy truck traffic right now because of all of the construction but even so the pavement and sidewalks are in embarrassing shape on some parts. You would never know the whole street is as new as it is. I hope this flyover looks better in 10 years than KVB does right now.

I just keep thinking if Nashville can't get its act together to prioritize basics like fixing and filling in gaps in its infrastructure, paying its teachers and first responders, etc. during a boom time like this, then when (if ever) are those things going to be a priority? During a recession? Not likely. (Note: This is not meant to be political or to get into a policy debate AT ALL. So please do not take it the wrong way.)

• Like 3