Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:10 PM, PHofKS said:

And after we build that one, we can build another one.....these seem a little more probable than some others.

41203576220_1ace145af8_b.jpg

Thanks for the effort Pete. BTW, is the Peabody Union supposed to be Gulch Union and is that not supposed to be 3 buildings.

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thanks for the effort Pete. BTW, is the Peabody Union supposed to be Gulch Union and is that not supposed to be 3 buildings.

Thanks Ron. The Peabody Union was the name given the Hensler Rolling Hill Mill/Trolley Barns 25 story condo tower and mixed use project as reported earlier as I recall. I broke the Gulch Union project down into only two buildings because I didn't have a good rendering of the hotel portion.

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

The other 2 gulch buildings are in there. I'm surprised to see Buckingham. I thought that was canceled

I haven't heard an official announcement.. The Aertson (same developers) took several years to break ground.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philip said:

The other 2 gulch buildings are in there. I'm surprised to see Buckingham. I thought that was canceled

I think their height variance expired but they didn’t officially announce anything. I suppose they could apply for it again when they feel the housing market is where they want it. 

• Like 2

That picture jogged a memory of some time I spent in L'ville on biz 10 years ago. I don't know much about the city, but I recall they were intentionally demolished with all the promises of restoration for a project called (I had to look this up) Iron Quarter by a local developer who ran out of money and/or the project was killed by the recession. I thought someone had turned it into something but that looks like the same row of buildings they were talking about then. I seem to recall also the developer said they needed to be demolished b/c "they were too damaged to save". 

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/04/prweb515291.htm

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nashdawg said:

Got a few shots from the Nash Airport Marriott. Love how much our city is expanding and filling in. Also, stayed in Louisville over the weekend and it’s great they continue to preserve the buildings and facades. Really feels similar to Nashville a decade or so ago. 

Louisville Omni Hotel

18 hours ago, Nashdawg said:

5F344CFB-23C9-43A7-A583-98D4BDF08186.jpeg

297BAA66-672E-43A5-803B-DC9A40F148F3.jpeg

8D804DA0-EB7E-4819-8CC9-38E9AEF00B79.jpeg

EBBB3E47-8AA9-4605-B6CB-693C643DF1A2.jpeg

omni-louisville-hotel.jpg

omnihotelrendering_750xx6000-3374-0-304.jpg

DI-A4lYUMAIePzu.jpg

34187824-34187824.jpg

the-residences-at-omni-louisville-louisville-ky-primary-photo.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rjgo said:

Love the videography but the dude talking in these videos is just.... awful. Stumbles over all his words... and he doesn't know the name of actually anything in Nashville really. John Steamantheimer Bridge, Ralph and Daughters??? He called Sylvan Park Sullivan Park the entire video. He probably moved here last year... definitely not qualified to make an informational video about the city. smh. These videos could be really awesome if the commentator knew what he was talking about.

Yeah, I absolutely love what they're trying to do with these videos, but I think the production value would just be so much higher if he was only on camera for the initial introduction and then maybe the conclusion at the end.  The brief shots they did include of Nashville were great, but that is, presumably, what people are watching these videos to see, so I think they'd do well just to have this guy narrating over a constant stream of video clips and still photos.  That way, the viewer would get more visuals, and they could actually get the editing and information and pronunciations ironed out.