Riverfront Property Proposal(s)?

tony speller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go to "Development details" from this link you end up at

http://www.lambert-edwards.com/rivergrand/

In that directory is a pdf of a financing letter from Pacific Everhart. The letter is sent "via email transmission" to an address that has a yellow box over it so you can't read the address.

Hey Lambert-Edwards, if you print the letter the email address prints too. Hotmail?

Just got this in my email box, interesting stuff.

River Grand Partners Revealed

The largest independent construction management company in the nation is among the players assembled by Grand Rapids Development Corp., according to letters released today that address some of the issues regarding projects planned for the city

After looking at some of Hill International's projects, I have to say that I'm quite impressed.

They have done a couple of housing developments at least. :blink:

http://www.hillintl.com/?fa=market&marketS...arId=49&show=pl

and one or two commercial developments. :shok:

http://www.hillintl.com/?fa=market&marketS...arId=41&show=pl

But the fact that they did a couple of airports does not sway my vote one bit...

http://www.hillintl.com/?fa=market&marketS...arId=67&show=pl

:silly:

Uh oh, I don't see GR mentioned in their dossier. Nix em.

If you look at the Task Force letter, it mentions in the order of the development process, a "Main Tower Design" and "Main Tower Construction" (singular), "Mid Rise Tower Designs" and "Mid Rise Tower Construction" (plural), etc..

Looks like they are aiming for one signature tower?

Did you see in one of the letters it said something about renderings being complete? Lets see them already! drool.gif

The letter from Pacific said "The drawings and renderings are complete", but it was listed with some other things that were conditions the for GRDC to get the financing. Acquiring the land through the RFP process was one of the other conditions.

I don't think they're complete. But this is getting interesting again.

bottom line, if what faust says is true about the backing, this WILL BE world class.... this management firm is not going to do anything that would tarnish their reputation. S*** just got real.

I'm sure Mr. Faust will appreciate your vote of confidence.

But "S***"'s been real for a while. Just because it's not all public, doesn't mean it isn't real.

It sure will be interesting to see how our esteemed advisory committee publically rips this new information apart.

I'm sure Mr. Faust will appreciate your vote of confidence.

But "S***"'s been real for a while. Just because it's not all public, doesn't mean it isn't real.

It sure will be interesting to see how our esteemed advisory committee publically rips this new information apart.

Who are you???? you are very mysterious :ph34r:

WZZM 13 just reported that there still is concern over Faust's lack of experience (quote from Susan Shannon), despite the revelation of Hill International's involvement. Is GR full of pessimists and naysayers?

From what I know about Hill, they are strictly a program management company. They would be involved in the constructability reviews, value engineering if required, budgeting,, contract management etc. but they actually do not do any physical construction. They have no superintendants or field engineers. I would assume that they would be involved with selecting the local talent both construction manager and subcontractors.

I just watched the online video on wzzm13.com about Mr. Faust and his team and it angers me to see how the city belittles this man. Here is a man that wants to develop a large portion of downtown and appears to be putting an excellent team together to complete it and all the city can say is he doesn't have experience. I understand that this is a huge project and they don't want it to flop but come on, give a guy a chance. It looks like he's assembling the right people for the job. So give the guy a break already. They should be happy someoone wants to invest that much money downtown.

Archived