Riverfront Property Proposal(s)?

tony speller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because nobody has come right out and questioned his ability to pull this project off because he is black. Yes, some maybe thinking it, but no one has said it. The other four have been concerns actually voiced via the news and in this forum as well.

If evidence comes forward showing that someone doesn't beleive Faust can't do this simply because he's black, then we'll have a certainty on the racial issue. Until then it's just an educated assumption at best.

I'm not naive enough to beleive that the race card might be out there in someone's mind, but I tend to think the other four issues Faust is being prejudiced against are more contributing factors to the opposition he is facing right now than the color of his skin. The way some people are acting, it's only the color of his skin that's effecting this process right now.

I am in agreement with your analysis. Your comments, of course, was why I withdrew my remarks. Right on point GRGyp. That being said, none of us appear to be naive on the race issue.

A good book - a little extreme, but hey - if you're in extreme debt, you need extreme measures to dig out of it. Anyone else read it?

I'm not even remotely kidding when I say it changed my life. It brought me from a college student in collections to a married homeowner with two paid for cars and money in the bank within 18 months. It boggles my mind now how I lived this long without any plan for my money and didn't get into worse trouble.

EDIT: WAAAAAY off topic.. my bad ;)

There's nothing extreme about it, just really good sense.

All the crap my dad told me growing up and never listened to, "don't get a credit card," "budget your money," "live within your means," "pay for everything in cash," is in the Ramsey plan.

Wife Wifely and I follow it emphatically. It's super easy.

That book, like all self-help books, is a little extreme.

I couldn't disagree more. There's nothing extreme about saving money and living within your means.

But this tangentially relates back to Mr. Faust. One of the reasons my confidence in him is still so weak is because from a business perspective, he's proposing a project seemingly WAY outside of his means of experience.

I'm definitely looking forward to the press conference and hope someone asks all of the ten companies, "what sold you on Duane Faust's proposal?"

I couldn't disagree more. There's nothing extreme about saving money and living within your means.

But this tangentially relates back to Mr. Faust. One of the reasons my confidence in him is still so weak is because from a business perspective, he's proposing a project seemingly WAY outside of his means of experience.

I'm definitely looking forward to the press conference and hope someone asks all of the ten companies, "what sold you on Duane Faust's proposal?"

Almost every great endeavor has occurred because someone did something "outside their means". What does "means" mean, and who defines "means".

If every business worked on a cash basis, our economy would be a miniscule fraction of what it is today. Just look at the economy today compared to when our money followed the gold standard. The gold standard kept business and economic expansion to a snail's pace. Of course, with risk comes ruin if not done strategically. But no risk, no reward either (unless you're talking about non-monetary rewards).

I'm not advocating credit card debt, two car payments and $0 down home loans for every American, but I also think Ramsey is too much to the extreme the other way.

Just my take on things. You gotta go for it once in a while.

Let us run a pick.

My picks:

-A GR organization devoted to music (A small grass roots type of outfit.)

-Thomas Dowling, AIA and company

I'm thinking the local talent are folks who aren't commonly heard of around town -- that will be the only suprise. "Wait, who's that guy?"

EDIT: Sorry dad, read my mine :)

Sean,

I'm the Director of Marketing for said currency trading company and I can assure you the owner has nothing to do with the project. It makes me laugh really hard that the speculation landed on my doorstep since I hate all of the speculation. ;) Thanks for the good laugh though.

Joe

theres a guy from the GR area who is LOADED he owns one of the biggest currency exchange companies in the WORLD, maybe hes part of the local?????

Actually, what am I saying? As marketing director for GFT it absolutely is Gary L. Tilkin who is behind this development. He hopes to model it after our office located in Canary Wharf. Quite a nice development and it would complement our other offices worldwide.

:)

Archived