Northwest Arkansas Sports and Entertainment Arena

Julles

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talley has to be nuts, obviously misleading the public, or just way short on funding.

If you're going to build it to 18k in 2020 you would be wasting millions of dollars, probably at least doubling the cost of the project over time. You would probably save $20 million or more just by building it that large now.

I can see going from 9000 to 12000 in 5-10 years, but going from 9000 to 12000 to 18000 all in the span of 12 years? No way.

Furthermore, arenas generally aren't built to double capacity like that, unless it has an inflatable roof. To double the capacity of an arena you would basically have to reconstruct the entire thing and close it for 1-2 years, which would leave the teams playing there without a home.

This is a gimmick.

Talley has to be nuts, obviously misleading the public, or just way short on funding.

If you're going to build it to 18k in 2020 you would be wasting millions of dollars, probably at least doubling the cost of the project over time. You would probably save $20 million or more just by building it that large now.

I can see going from 9000 to 12000 in 5-10 years, but going from 9000 to 12000 to 18000 all in the span of 12 years? No way.

Furthermore, arenas generally aren't built to double capacity like that, unless it has an inflatable roof. To double the capacity of an arena you would basically have to reconstruct the entire thing and close it for 1-2 years, which would leave the teams playing there without a home.

This is a gimmick.

Aporkalypse,

It is apparent you have no idea what you are talking about. I personally you are very close to some sort of liabal. I know for a fact that a committment for funding is in the works to include the expansion of the facility. The enginneers and Rosser International are doing something very simple to allow the expansion of the building to take place. They are designing the roof to be removed to add the upper deck. You move forward and lay the upper concourse flooring during the first construction phase. When the market is ready to expand then a additional roof is built over the original roof and then it is removed to make way for the steel to be put in place for the upper deck. The cost to prep for the upper deck now is 1.4 million not including what the expansion will be. Yes are correct it will cost another 20-30 million to expand but think of what the will cost by 2020 to build a 18,000 seat arena it will cost over 180,000 million. It will take 6 months to remove the roof and insert the steel structure for the upper deck. It will will work in conjunction with the build out of the upper concourse because the upper concourse will be built now. In the presenation to the NBA Sept. 11, a fly thorugh was shown to David Stern of what a expanded building would look like along with a schedule based on current and future population patterns. Greenboro was doubled in size using this same method, guess who did the expansion? Rosser International, arenas and stadiums do it all the time. Before jumping on a public forum I would suggest you do your research.

Second you have no right to judge Mr. Talley!!! I have worked with him for many months on this project and he is as straight up as anyone I have known and I am honored to work with him. He is honest and always delivers what he says he will. He is spending right now over 10k a week on civil engineering plans now including what he is playing Rosser International. He is putting his money where is mouth is. Mr. Talley's represnatives will be in front of the Rogers Planning Commission on December 5 as an intro to the project. The ASEP has already been in working with the City of Rogers. I know for a fact they are working on a December funding date and a Febuary 15, 2007 ground break date. In case you do not know what that means, it means they will be preping the dirt for construction.

You are a real jerk for trying to slam him.

I know for a fact that a committment for funding is in the works to include the expansion of the facility. The enginneers and Rosser International are doing something very simple to allow the expansion of the building to take place. They are designing the roof to be removed to add the upper deck. You move forward and lay the upper concourse flooring during the first construction phase. When the market is ready to expand then a additional roof is built over the original roof and then it is removed to make way for the steel to be put in place for the upper deck. The cost to prep for the upper deck now is 1.4 million not including what the expansion will be. Yes are correct it will cost another 20-30 million to expand but think of what the will cost by 2020 to build a 18,000 seat arena it will cost over 180 million. It will take 6 months to remove the roof and insert the steel structure for the upper deck. It will will work in conjunction with the build out of the upper concourse because the upper concourse will be built now. In the presenation to the NBA Sept. 11, a fly thorugh was shown to David Stern of what a expanded building would look like along with a schedule based on current and future population patterns. Greensboro was doubled in size using this same method, guess who did the expansion? Rosser International, arenas and stadiums do it all the time.

I have worked with him [Mr. Talley] for many months on this project and he is as straight up as anyone I have known and I am honored to work with him. He is honest and always delivers what he says he will. He is spending right now over 10k a week on civil engineering plans now including what he is playing Rosser International. He is putting his money where is mouth is. Mr. Talley's represnatives will be in front of the Rogers Planning Commission on December 5 as an intro to the project. The ASEP has already been in working with the City of Rogers. I know for a fact they are working on a December funding date and a Febuary 15, 2007 ground break date.

While you make some good points about the stadium, however, we do not allow for flamming of posters on here, especially on your first post. Take this as a warning for the future. You are free to express your opinion as long as you don't personally single out or attack any specific person or group. Before jumping on a public forum, I would suggest that you read the rules first.

Mr. Talley isn't a forumer on this forum. As well, Apork. didn't join this forum to flame Mr. Talley. Apork has made some very good points concerning Mr. Talley and the Arena, and so have you. Apork. also contributes to the betterment of this forum. Apork has every right to disagree with Mr. Talley just as much as you have every right to disagree with Apork. Once you start saying that forumers are jerk's simply b/c they are stating their opinions about something is when you cross the line.

Again, Mr. Talley is not a member of this forum, therefore it's none of my concern. If someone starts calling another forumer names, then that's a different story, since it's a violation of our rules. I'd suggest you quit argiung with me as well about this issue as that is a violation of the rules and I will take further action against you. Understand?

Now, let's stick to that facts and discuss the Arena Development in a mature way.

Aporkalypse,

It is apparent you have no idea what you are talking about. I personally you are very close to some sort of liabal. I know for a fact that a committment for funding is in the works to include the expansion of the facility. The enginneers and Rosser International are doing something very simple to allow the expansion of the building to take place. They are designing the roof to be removed to add the upper deck. You move forward and lay the upper concourse flooring during the first construction phase. When the market is ready to expand then a additional roof is built over the original roof and then it is removed to make way for the steel to be put in place for the upper deck. The cost to prep for the upper deck now is 1.4 million not including what the expansion will be. Yes are correct it will cost another 20-30 million to expand but think of what the will cost by 2020 to build a 18,000 seat arena it will cost over 180,000 million. It will take 6 months to remove the roof and insert the steel structure for the upper deck. It will will work in conjunction with the build out of the upper concourse because the upper concourse will be built now. In the presenation to the NBA Sept. 11, a fly thorugh was shown to David Stern of what a expanded building would look like along with a schedule based on current and future population patterns. Greenboro was doubled in size using this same method, guess who did the expansion? Rosser International, arenas and stadiums do it all the time. Before jumping on a public forum I would suggest you do your research.

Second you have no right to judge Mr. Talley!!! I have worked with him for many months on this project and he is as straight up as anyone I have known and I am honored to work with him. He is honest and always delivers what he says he will. He is spending right now over 10k a week on civil engineering plans now including what he is playing Rosser International. He is putting his money where is mouth is. Mr. Talley's represnatives will be in front of the Rogers Planning Commission on December 5 as an intro to the project. The ASEP has already been in working with the City of Rogers. I know for a fact they are working on a December funding date and a Febuary 15, 2007 ground break date. In case you do not know what that means, it means they will be preping the dirt for construction.

You are a real jerk for trying to slam him.

Looks like plans for the arena are about to come before the City Council on Tuesday. If anyone can make it please go and share the plans and such. The developers are suppose to show the plans in a presentation. Some changes have been made to the arena as well. The arena will start out at 9,000 seats and will include a grand entrance. The entrance alone will be a 3 floor glass structure. Talley has been quoted as saying that the arena will double by 2020 or 2022 that will be 18,000 seats!!! Plans are to have the arena open by September 15, 2008.

As well, Talley's development will include two hotels, a training center, an entertainment center with a 32-lane bowling alley and a 10,000 sq. foot office building for Talley's investment group.

Well WNBANOW, you certainly hit the right points about the arena. Thanks for keeping us informed on that.

That's a nice-looking sports arena. It's going to really add another modern touch to rural I-540. I also like the plan to have restaurants surrounding the pond to the south, although I wish they'd make room for some more retail in that location.

Archived