Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Thanks richyb83. The Louisiana Capitol is certainly distinguishable.

A unique piece of art on Main Street in Columbia:

chainart.jpg

It was Independence Day, so that would explain the lack of pedestrians. :thumbsup:

That giant chain is awesome! Looks like it's linking the buildings with a greenspace in between. Nice touch and nice photo! :)

I'm not Brian but I can answer that. It spans Arkansas and Texas. The Post Office sits on the line so technically it's in both states.

Yep, and the "ana" stands for Louisiana, simply because it's part of the Ark-La-Tex region and really close to Louisiana, even though it only touches 2 of the 3 states. There's a monument across the street rom this building which flies the Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and United States flags. The city of Texarkan straddles Texas and Arkansas, but is within only a few miles of both Louisiana and Oklahoma as well.

It's a charming little city... well, 2 cities with a combined population of 60,000-70,000 people.

Thanks for those pictures, Brian! Texarkana is a great city, I've always enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

It's a charming little city... well, 2 cities with a combined population of 60,000-70,000 people.

Yep, I believe the 2000 census population for Texarkana was around 64,000.

Yep, and the "ana" stands for Louisiana, simply because it's part of the Ark-La-Tex region and really close to Louisiana, even though it only touches 2 of the 3 states. There's a monument across the street rom this building which flies the Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and United States flags. The city of Texarkan straddles Texas and Arkansas, but is within only a few miles of both Louisiana and Oklahoma as well.

Guess I thought it was a little bigger than that. I thought the Texas side was quite a bit bigger than the Arkansas side.

I love this shot of the French Quarter and downtown New Orleans!

Thank's Hankster! I've really been liking your Chatanooga photos as well, please keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Here's a street level shot from Camp Street in downtown New Orleans:

img3463border.jpg

^Cool photos, Tommy. Kill Devil Hills is definitely a place I don't see much of... and I've always been intrigued by its name. :lol:

Haha, thanks, Brian :D

I might as well throw my last few shots of my OBX trip in here as well.

The Wright Brothers Memorial, Kill Devil Hills, NC

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03117.jpg

Jockeys Ridge, where the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane, also the largest sand dune on the Eastern Seaboard, Nagshead, NC

DSC03176.jpg