Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Great photo, Nate! :D Im curious as to who that is a statue of?

I'm pretty sure it is a statue dedicated to all Spanish War Veterans, and I'm basing that off of the fact that a nearly identical statue is outside of Arlington National Cemetery, and I've seen them in a few other cities as well.

This is the statue outside of Arlington National Cemetery:

IMG_5065border.jpg

Also, I really like that shot, Tommy! It gives you a look at a pretty large variety of buildings and a nice cityscape. :thumbsup:

I like urban statues, but that tower in the background....ugh. I saw some of the renderings for its redevelopment, and it can't happen soon enough.

Haha, oh believe me, it's not exactly my favorite tower in the world either. The complete overhaul of that tower will begin soon, and it will become "Crescent City Towers".

Here is the rendering for the tower after the overhaul:

1.gif

Haha, oh believe me, it's not exactly my favorite tower in the world either. The complete overhaul of that tower will begin soon, and it will become "Crescent City Towers".

Here is the rendering for the tower after the overhaul:

1.gif

That's such a transition... I can't wait to see the overhaul completed.

Thanks for posting the rendering here, Nate.

Main Street Station, Richmond, Virginia

DSC02690.jpg

Is this the beutiful building that happens to be a couple of feet away from the Interstate? I was coming from the Holocaust Museum when I saw this building, which I think this is it, and the great urban 17th Street Farmers Market.