Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

That's one awesome pedestrian bridge! Looks like a regular traffic bridge!

Yes . That's the Walnut Street pedestrian bridge across the Tennessee River in Chattanooga. Originally it was an auto bridge, and was converted to a pedestrian bridge (I don't know how long ago). It always get's lots of use, but there was a special event that day so that was more use than normal.

Edited by Hankster

Here's some more Chattanooga pics for the day. This is a picture of the waterfall that was constructed next to the $30 Million Tennessee Aquarium addition. The second picture are the water jets at the bottom of the waterfall. Chattanooga's waterfront is one of its greatest assets. Both Nashville and Knoxville have hired the company that designed the Chattanooga waterfront to do designs for their cities.

PB190708.jpg

PB190714.jpg

Here's my next picture of the day. Standing next to each other in Chattanooga are two very fine examples of early 20th century highrise architecture. On the left is the 12 story James Building built in 1907 and on the right is the 13 story McClellan Building built in 1924.

PB190673.jpg

Detailed view of the James Building at the top.

PB190674.jpg

Edited by Hankster

I see you're back in your old stomping grounds, RT. Having fun in the FLA heat? :P

I think Orlando has more toll roads than any city its size. I bet I spent about twenty bucks getting to and from the airport on my way to and from Ocala! Admittedly, I did get lost a couple of times and had to double back and pay tolls again, but highway signage is not the best. :)

That flyover picture looks very familiar!

Chattanooga is SO scenic; awesome pictures.

Agreed, Krazeeboi. And it has two Flat Iron buildings! :)

And how about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hilton

Also, I love the fountains - especially the Circle of Animals.

Chattanooga is really neat.

Edited by burt