Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Great photos from Hot Springs, Rod! What is that building in the backround in the second photo? I think that one looks great. :thumbsup:

And wrldcoupe, that's a nice looking parking garage as well. I don't get to say this often when I'm talking about parking garage's, but I think the design looks nice. :D

It was completed in 1981 and is a state office building. Originally, there was supposed to be a twin that shared the same parking deck, but it was never built. The supports for the never built tower are visible on the top of the deck.

I'm not a big fan of the tower, but my favorite view is driving by it on I-95... it's literally feet from the interstate, towering high above.

haha thanks... I think it's one of the best looking ones I've seen IMO.

High-rise architecture from the early 1980s wasn't usually real appealing. Normally I wouldn't care for a building of this type, but for some reason I find the James Madison quite attractive:)

..oops, James Monroe I meant to say:) lol

Its one of my favorite buildings in Richmond :D We do have a James madison too though :lol:

Coupe and Mith, awesome shots guys!

Here are my next pictures. These are pictures taken of downtown Chattanooga from Cameron Hill. This may well be the best vantage point in the city of this fall. This is where Blue Cross Blue Shield will biuld a new corporate headquarters campus for 3,800 employees. It will be one of the largest office projects ever constructed in Tennessee, costing an estimated $299 Million and covering over 900,000 Sq Ft of office space and a huge parking garage.

PB190762.jpg

PB190763.jpg

Great photos from Hot Springs, Rod! What is that building in the backround in the second photo? I think that one looks great. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late response Nate. It's the old Army/Navy Hospital. Back in the early 20th century Hot Springs was a pretty happening place. Athletes, gangsters and even presidents used to go there for the waters.

Nice pics everyone. Interesting to see the snow as well. Not everyone in the south gets to see that very often anymore the way the weather pattern seems to be now.