Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

You really suck, man. :lol: Sounds like a nice job.

Where you going in Texas, by the way? You going I-20??

I second that dude! So what do you do for living? If you don't mind me asking. :D

And do you need 2 helpers... ? :lol:

Hahaha. I usually don't travel that much for work...it's nice to get out of my house...I spend most of my time working from home. We'll be taking I-20 from Atlanta over to Tyler, yea...with a night spent in Pearl (Jackson), MS, if all goes as planned.

A rather odd thing to find at Lake Eola Park in Orlando, Florida...it even caught my colleague from Shanghai somewhat by surprise:

177399913_20602729a6_b.jpg

Wow. First Orlando and now Norfolk! I'd expect to see something like this in Orlando but not in Norfolk. Very cool and unexpected, no doubt. :thumbsup:

I'd like to post a picture like that too and continue with the Chinese style architecture, but I really don't think I'll be able to find something like that anywhere in New Orleans, but who knows!

Just a little bit more from the Norfolk Botanical Gardens:

This is given to us from our sister city in Japan:

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

Bald Eagles Nest:

DSC02104.jpg

sorry for the bad shot. I only have 3X zoom on my camera.

DSC02100.jpg

Just some random shots in the garden. I have yet to visit the entire garden. It would take days of going to see it all

DSC02099.jpg

This is the boat ramps

DSC02043.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy it!

I'd like to post a picture like that too and continue with the Chinese style architecture, but I really don't think I'll be able to find something like that anywhere in New Orleans, but who knows!

We have a huge navy presence here so there is alot of japanese and phillipino people here. That pagoda was given to us from the japanese. You can see the difference from the one in Orlando and ours! :D

That pagoda was given to us from the japanese. You can see the difference from the one in Orlando and ours! :D

Yea, now that I compare the two I can see a very noticeable difference between them. Thanks for pointing that out!

Yea, now that I compare the two I can see a very noticeable difference between them. Thanks for pointing that out!

Sorry if you took that wrong. It wasn't intended to be that way! Chinese and Japanese are similar but have a little difference in their design. :D

I've never been to Virginia--looks like I have been missing out!

Yeah Virginia is very overlooked nationally. Everyone thinks its just a big military state or a bunch of hicks.

^That's a great shot of Norfolk's skyline, vdogg! :thumbsup:

Sorry if you took that wrong. It wasn't intended to be that way! Chinese and Japanese are similar but have a little difference in their design. :D

Oh no problem, I'm glad you pointed it out. It gave me a chance to really compare the designs. :)

And I agree with you about Virginia, it gets overlooked way to much nationally. If you think about it, Virginia offers nearly anything someone could ask for. Just in terms of tourism; mountains, beaches, history, food and culture, and on and on. It's one of my favorite states!

That looks like a very nice garden! How big is the entire garden?

Over 150 acres. It's actually more like a gardens complex. There's the rose garden that I showed, but there's also a wetlands park with a boardwalk along the Edisto River (longest blackwater river in the world), a botanical garden, a butterfly garden, and Centennial Park, with 2 plazas, a gazebo and a foutain with a palmetto tree sculpture. Not bad for a town of 12,000, huh?

The Norfolk Botanical Gardens look pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

Wow. I count 8 cranes, and possibly a 9th one hidden behind another building. That's very impressive!!

Only the 4 on the left are for towers. The 5 on the right are for the shipyards. With 4 towers slated to break ground this fall and 1 starting heavy contruction this month we'll likely see up to 10 more cranes added to the skyline. Then i'll take some more pics. :)

Only the 4 on the left are for towers. The 5 on the right are for the shipyards. With 4 towers slated to break ground this fall and 1 starting heavy contruction this month we'll likely see up to 10 more cranes added to the skyline. Then i'll take some more pics. :)

That's still quite impressive! :)

Massachusetts Avenue NW of Dupont Circle in D.C.

IMG_4575border.jpg

I took that through the window of my hotel room, so the clarity isn't the greatest.

Awesome shot, NCB! My hotel the last time we stayed there, the Hilton at Dupont Circle, mustve been right around the corner.