210 Trade | EpiCentre

monsoon

So the print edition of this Friday's Charlotte Biz Journal basically confirms what's been speculated here.. The old base for the 210 Trade tower will become a dual branded hotel. Vision Ventures and Mount Vernon have already secured 260 parking spaces at the Epicentre garage as part of a 99 year lease agreement for the yet un-named hotels. Not sure how many rooms that would translate into... BUT, it should almost guarantee some decent height on the hotel tower. 

Edited by wend28
  • Like 3

So the print edition of this Friday's Charlotte Biz Journal basically confirms what's been speculated here.. The old base for the 210 Trade tower will become a dual branded hotel. Vision Ventures and Mount Vernon have already secured 260 parking spaces at the Epicentre garage as part of a 99 year lease agreement for the yet un-named hotels. Not sure how many rooms that would translate into... BUT, it should almost guarantee some decent height on the hotel tower. 

I wonder what the time frame on that is. If they have already secured spots, that's a pretty good sign right?

Out of curiosity, what would need to be done to that existing structure? It's obviously been out in the elements for a very long time, would it need to be taken down and started over?

I wonder what the time frame on that is. If they have already secured spots, that's a pretty good sign right?

Out of curiosity, what would need to be done to that existing structure? It's obviously been out in the elements for a very long time, would it need to be taken down and started over?

I doubt it. The Skye sat out in the elements for as long as / longer than the little bit of rebar that has been sticking out of the top of Epicenter.

My buddy worked on the Skye and he said some of it was in pretty bad shape, but they didn't have to make any significant structure upgrades.

I doubt it. The Skye sat out in the elements for as long as / longer than the little bit of rebar that has been sticking out of the top of Epicenter.

My buddy worked on the Skye and he said some of it was in pretty bad shape, but they didn't have to make any significant structure upgrades.

Wow that is pretty interesting. So what exactly is standing out there now? Just pretty much the foundation?? And I am sure that the main structural supports run through the epi anyway right?

Love this! LOL! Although I have a feeling most people on this forum do not know what the Stanky Leg is haha.

Just 'cause we're white and uptight doesn't mean that we are completely out of it (plus google helps).

• Like 1

Naw, this is the Days Inn relocation along with a modern interpretation of Motel 6 :dontknow: ... So many potential hotel sites in Charlotte all of a sudden.  Soon enough it's going to be harder to list the hotels that AREN'T in uptown for a change.  It really does make you wonder how much impact all those post-DNC articles about Charlotte really had.  "Charlotte's a great host-city... except that they don't have enough hotels."  Seems rather coincidental timing that we have so many rumored, under construction, and announced hotels less than two years later.

Edited by AuLukey
  • Like 1

I just hope we don't hit some sort of bubble and have it popped with the surplus of hotels being announced/constructed. I know Charlotte has a shortage of hotels now but do we really need that many rooms as is being potentially announced?

I just hope we don't hit some sort of bubble and have it popped with the surplus of hotels being announced/constructed. I know Charlotte has a shortage of hotels now but do we really need that many rooms as is being potentially announced?

Short answer; yes.

Honestly, we need more than has been announced. Just look at similarly sized cities like Indianapolis, their hotel industry KILLS ours.

Disclaimer: I have no inside knowledge. But, I feel pretty confident this hotel tower might be the next announcement forthcoming for uptown. Given the fact they have the parking lease taken care, which IMO could easily of dragged things out, it's a matter of signing hotels with the developer. It would be able to go vertical fairly quickly since the base of the tower, even if they have to tweak it slightly, is already there. This is the one that I really want to see get going. 5 years of looking at that rebar is 5 too many. 

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I have no inside knowledge. But, I feel pretty confident this hotel tower might be the next announcement forthcoming for uptown. Given the fact they have the parking lease taken care, which IMO could easily of dragged things out, it's a matter of signing hotels with the developer. It would be able to go vertical fairly quickly since the base of the tower, even if they have to tweak it slightly, is already there. This is the one that I really want to see get going. 5 years of looking at that rebar is 5 too many. 

I would love to see another high luxury brand. I feel like Charlotte has the Ritz....then everything else. I feel like no other hotel in uptown is remotely close to the Ritz (I have stayed at the Omni and Weston, they aren't even close)

I would love to see another high luxury brand. I feel like Charlotte has the Ritz....then everything else. I feel like no other hotel in uptown is remotely close to the Ritz (I have stayed at the Omni and Weston, they aren't even close)

The current uptown Marriott is supposed to be converting to a JW Marriott, so that's actually another step up though it's not a Ritz. I don't see a luxury brand like a "W" at the EpiCentre. That would likely be at one of the proposed Crescent projects, or perhaps if something were to be made of the old condo tower base next to the Duke Energy Center. 

The current uptown Marriott is supposed to be converting to a JW Marriott, so that's actually another step up though it's not a Ritz. I don't see a luxury brand like a "W" at the EpiCentre. That would likely be at one of the proposed Crescent projects, or perhaps if something were to be made of the old condo tower base next to the Duke Energy Center. 

JW would certainly be awesome but yes not the Ritz. It's just really odd that there is only one super luxury brand in uptown, and I must say the Ritz is amazing, I love staying there when I can. I am not familiar with Le Meridien, are they on the Ritz level or no?

Edited by Jayvee