Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, kermit said:

Not everyone has a car

I get that, but with stay-at-home orders I didn't think officials would allow these systems to operate.  And how can you practice social distancing inside a train car?  I just checked for news of our public transit system here in San Diego and was surprised to learn that our buses and lightrail are still operating on regular schedules.

9 minutes ago, JacksonH said:

I get that, but with stay-at-home orders I didn't think officials would allow these systems to operate.  And how can you practice social distancing inside a train car?  I just checked for news of our public transit system here in San Diego and was surprised to learn that our buses and lightrail are still operating on regular schedules.

People still gotta get to work at the hospital, grocery store and gun shop, if you shut down transit how do those folks get to work?

• Like 3

^ Respect! That isn’t easy. Sitting (or leaning) never bothered me (probably because I am too lazy to stand to the end of the line) but I do try to ride soccer style (no hands).

I have not ridden much post WFH, but the grocery store feels more risky than the blue line (at current, very low, ridership) to me.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NOLA2CLT said:

Bridge work as of Friday 

27329879-0FC2-4A7D-9C4A-75216653E7DE.jpeg

Has there been any one out working on the bridge this week? I went to Independence Park almost every day of the last 2 weeks and they were working constantly on Hawthorne on what appeared to be cabling and other work. 

21 hours ago, sakami said:

Has there been any one out working on the bridge this week? I went to Independence Park almost every day of the last 2 weeks and they were working constantly on Hawthorne on what appeared to be cabling and other work. 

Yeah they were using the crane this morning when i was letting the dog out...there were about 3 or 4 people out there before i snapped that pic, but that pic was taken after workers had left.   glad this is still considered essential business...i miss my bridge.  

19 hours ago, pathb said:

Bridge this evening.  Looking close to ready for deck pour.  

PANO_20200331_180451.vr.jpg

on our end of the bridge (central side) they still need to prep the bench, not sure theyve worked on that yet or if that is the step prior to surfacing.  Any one have any insight on how the tracks get installed?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

for those in the know there is just one more station on the other side of the Hawthorne bridge correct for now? 

Yes, this is correct. The station is at Sunnyside (about a block from the Beaver).

• Like 2