Construction Thread-Orlando-Dynetech Center

Tim3167

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would go for the ad revenue personally. I think they probably switched it out because the demand for ad space doesn't justify the price of tacking on a Jumbotron to the consturction costs. Didn't Kuhn have the same idea? They really are hard to pull off outside of a dense place like NYC. Besides it's actually a law that all buildings in Times Square have to have illuminated signs 24 Hours as day. It wasn't an accident.

the lot between Regions (copper whopper) and Dynetech along Washington needs a Dynetech-esque tower. It would frame the History Center and park nicely with the Library to the east, and Plaza/Central/Pine corridor to the South. it would be a mini park-looking scene, b/c right now, the back of Amsouth looks like... the back of Amsouth (Regions, I mean).

the lot between Regions (copper whopper) and Dynetech along Washington needs a Dynetech-esque tower. It would frame the History Center and park nicely with the Library to the east, and Plaza/Central/Pine corridor to the South. it would be a mini park-looking scene, b/c right now, the back of Amsouth looks like... the back of Amsouth (Regions, I mean).

You don't want to saturate one area with too many tall buildings. A mid rise would be just fine there. Something to create infill. Something that would go right to the sidewalk. ... 6-9 stories would sound about right. That way you're not blocking the copper whopper or dynetech really from any angle, foot traffic along Magnolia would increase, and that lot is filled all around the property line.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived