The Rumor Mill

btoy

Perhaps, but if I understood whitehourseview correctly, they're currently attending services at the old Travelers Rest High School (AKA the new Lakeview Middle School), so they had purchased it for a actual sanctuary to be built.

That is correct, the church itself is only 4+ years old and the question at the moment is what sort of structure to build first, i.e. multipurpose facility or sanctuary and what time table. I'm so glad I'm not doing that sort of committee work.

I'll find out more details and post, as that is what I believe is to be a valuable piece of property in coming years, sorta a gateway to Greenville from the north.

another ideal location for a supa target would be tr crossing. i think one is planned there already but don't know if it is super sized. also from the looks of things it appears this development is not gonna be happening any time soon. i hope i'm wrong.

Travelers Rest Crossing, in its entirety (60,000 sq. ft.), is too small for a regular TARGET store (100,000 sq. ft.), much less a SuperTARGET (125,000-150,000 sq. ft.). I'd love to see one this nearby, myself; however, if it happens, it won't be there.

There are the 2 adjacent parcels down Poinsett Hwy closer to Cherrydale where the old Ingles and the uniform factory were. If Target bought both - would that location big enough?

Ah, yes. There are two parcels side-by-side where Ingles was (both owned by Ingles Markets) and then the 3rd where the old Ideal Uniforms factory was/still is (owned by Ideal Investments SC Ltd.), all bordered by Hillandale Road and Mulligan Street. The three together would be large enough for a stand-alone TARGET, especially considering where Lowes is. The question is: Do the residents behind these properties want such a development nearby? They fought tooth and nail against Lowes, if I recall. Also, isn't Ideal Uniforms still in business there? I'm not sure. It's difficult to discern, but they do have the bushes out front trimmed annually. :lol:

I have heard recently that work is about to begin on the site that South Financial Bank will be. I work for The general contractor that did the hubble building and this is what im hearing. The site will be past the new hubble building on 85 after you go under the bridge on the right where a lot of those trees are now. harper has 75% of this development. This is big news to hear for me anyways. This is a big project in the few hundred million dollar range. Guess it wont be long before we start seeing the "power" corridor. Maybe someone should start a south financial construction thread. Be look for some grading equipment in the next month possibly.

Edited by erm1981

I have heard recently that work is about to begin on the site that South Financial Bank will be. I work for The general contractor that did the hubble building and this is what im hearing. The site will be past the new hubble building on 85 after you go under the bridge on the right where a lot of those trees are now. harper has 75% of this development. This is big news to hear for me anyways. This is a big project in the few hundred million dollar range. Guess it wont be long before we start seeing the "power" corridor. Maybe someone should start a south financial construction thread. Be look for some grading equipment in the next month possibly.

Thanks so much for posting this insider info, Evan! :thumbsup:

I noticed the surveyors out there earlier this week. Great to finally see movement there.

Yeah my dad which is a superintendent with harper told me this info. One of the superintendents that is at hubble now is going to oversee this developement and my dad talked like it will be probably be next month when you see them doing some grading and getting the site ready for construction. Hopefully some of the buildings will be very impressive and unique or slightly tall. I also meant to mention that i was on the top floor of hubble a month ago and could see the daniel building very good from there. I wish i would have had my digital camera with me but i didnt :-(.

-Evan

There is a rumor going around about a new Sharaton Inn locating next to the Greenville Marriott near Pelham Road and I-85. It would likely be 6-stories tall. After checking Starwood Hotels' website, I discovered a new prototype Sharaton that is 6-stories. I hope this turns out to be true! :shades:

SharatonPrototype.jpg

This would be interesting. How likely is it for the Sheraton to be taller than six levels? It would be nice to see something tower that Marriott develop an eastern Greenville skyline.

Any idea of how big the three-level shopping center would be?

It's not very likely for this Sheraton to be over six levels, seeing how the rendering shows that. Also, the shopping center is going to be 6,000-7,000 square feet. Here is the article about the hotel and shopping center: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../608200306/1003

Edited by carolinadude9409

Is this the site that has been recently cleared? I thought they had started on the office park, but that might be on the parcel next to it.

I'm not sure seeing how I haven't been by there in a while. It's the site between the Marriott and the Parkway that's rectangular shaped.

Edited by carolinadude9409

• 3 weeks later...

what i saw was two site plans...both for the Pelham/Garlington site that has been discussed...one that had Super Target and the rest of the site labeled for another phase and on arial shot with buildings and parking laid out and that called out the tenants i mentioned (Target, Fresh Market, Books a Million, etc.) previously plus a few others....if somebody wasn't going ahead with this i don'tt hink there is anyway it would have gotten to me...but who knows, just reporting what i have seen......

There is an awful lot of dirt being moved on this site. Anyone heard anything new?

• 2 weeks later...

There is an awful lot of dirt being moved on this site. Anyone heard anything new?

I am concerned about this development. My residential property backs up to the trucking company. Question to those who might know. Would this help or hurt my property value? Keep in mind that my back door will have a clear view of the new development.

Email I received from the Shopping Center Group: It was my understanding that the landowner did change his mind about 60 days ago. I have recently understood that the developers, Crescent Resources and Core Properties which my former partner Kivett Williams has just gone to work for, have gotten the landowner back to the table and have the property under contract again and are working with SuperTarget for that site, but the SuperTarget deal is not finalized yet.

Andy

A little off topic of the last few posts, but I have been hearing that Gville Tech is planning to go to a four year structure. I know this was talked (or wondered about) last year when the whole USC Upstste-Gville thing came and went. I heard that it could be a soon as this coming January, and that they are planning on adding some more programs as well. If this happens, I would assume it would be a university. Who knows, maybe we will have a Greenville University, and maybe soem sports teams...

Isn's a major university what a lot of people around here has been saying is needed, as a major piece of the puzzle. And with it's growth, it should pass Clemson within the next 5 years as the second largest school in the state. (it is nearly 15k now, in 1998 it was 9.5k)!

Edited by distortedlogic

A little off topic of the last few posts, but I have been hearing that Gville Tech is planning to go to a four year structure. I know this was talked (or wondered about) last year when the whole USC Upstste-Gville thing came and went. I heard that it could be a soon as this coming January, and that they are planning on adding some more programs as well. If this happens, I would assume it would be a university. Who knows, maybe we will have a Greenville University, and maybe soem sports teams...

Isn's a major university what a lot of people around here has been saying is needed, as a major piece of the puzzle. And with it's growth, it should pass Clemson within the next 5 years as the second largest school in the state. (it is nearly 15k now, in 1998 it was 9.5k)!

It wouldn't surprise me if Gville Tech went in that direction. So would it be Greenville Technical University?

It does have higher enrollment than Clemson, but remember that its mostly 2 year degrees. Some are starter programs to transfer to 4 year colleges. They will have to do some major changes, but with it being the only tech school in the state with dorms (that i'm aware of) I can definitely se this happening.