The Rumor Mill

btoy

I had heard recently that the owner has decided not to sell and that project will not be happening, Also noticed the signs have come down. Do you have information that it is sitll in the works? Also, reather than a new theater I wish they would renovate and open the regal 10 back up.

I had heard recently that the owner has decided not to sell and that project will not be happening, Also noticed the signs have come down. Do you have information that it is sitll in the works? Also, reather than a new theater I wish they would renovate and open the regal 10 back up.

I was hoping for a renovation as well but more of an drafthouse than a normal theater. They have franchises available but unfortunately the requirements are a bit (way) out of my reach.

What is dead, the Fresh Market relocatoin of the Pelham Road project?

I was hoping for a renovation as well but more of an drafthouse than a normal theater. They have franchises available but unfortunately the requirements are a bit (way) out of my reach.

They're pretty high-tech. I'd think the capital for the systems alone would be a small fortune. :wacko:

What is dead, the Fresh Market relocatoin of the Pelham Road project?

The Fresh Market relocation and Bi-Lo expansion, I believe. I had heard the same thing while shopping at Fresh Market recently. I've got a bad addiction to their "triple threat cashews."

from what i see it's going ahead i was just handed stuff today....it looks like it may be done in phases though....so i guess somethings could change but it looks that at least Super Target is a go.

I think we're all talking about two different things here, or am I mistaken? I would think that the Fresh Market on East North would relocate to somewhere else in this same part of town if Bi-Lo is expanding to take over the space. Or was this Fresh Market going to relocate out to the new Garlington Road/Pelham Road center? :unsure:

As a side note, it seems odd to me that Fresh Market would once again locate where there's already a grocer (Archer Farms Market included with SuperTARGET). :huh:

I think we're all talking about two different things here, or am I mistaken? I would think that the Fresh Market on East North would relocate to somewhere else in this same part of town if Bi-Lo is expanding to take over the space. Or was this Fresh Market going to relocate out to the new Garlington Road/Pelham Road center? :unsure:

As a side note, it seems odd to me that Fresh Market would once again locate where there's already a grocer (Archer Farms Market included with SuperTARGET). :huh:

it may be....what i saw just said "Farmer's Market" whether or not it is the one from East North Street or Archer's it did not specify but it was a separate building from Super Target and on the opposite side of the development.

The big project at Garlington Rd. and Pelham Rd. that I told you would have a Super Target a few months back, that is the one that is dead. I checked witht he firm doing the leasing and they said the same thing.

Well that would really SUCK! So is the new theater dead thenm? We really need another theater, or renovating the old one would be fine too, though I think in this day and age theater seating would be more popular.

Nice. Fresh Market will make NYT very happy. :lol: Another Consolidated Theatre in town will be cool too. I hope it's as nice as Cherrydale. Now if only a SuperTARGET or THE FRESH MARKET would locate up on Poinsett Highway somwhere between Cherrydale and T.R., there would once again be balance in the force. :rolleyes:

Is the old Ingle's site a possibility? The former Ingle's and Eckerd are too old to salvage. They would probably be razed and the land graded before building something new. It would be a great location for someone.

I wonder if our brand new 3 million bridge on Garlington Rd will be able to handle the additional traffic that a project like that would bring. Seeing as though it's only 2 lanes, I doubt it.

Garlington Road (and Roper Mountain Road) are being considered for widening to four lanes. They will need it in ten years.

So The Fresh market IS going to move from North Hills Shop. Ctr? if so, is the old Jeff Lynch property going to be included in this re-do of North Hills?

Yes, The Fresh Market plans a relocation. They want to expand, but cannot with the current space. Not only do they plan to relocate their existing North Hills store, they plan on a second Greenville area location out on Woodruff Road. I would not be surprised to see 3 or 4 stores in the county in a few years.

The vacant Jeff Lynch location would quickly fill up with some smaller retail tenants. The Crate wants a bigger location, so they could easily fit there. Bi-Lo looks to actual expansion within a year.

I have confirmation that a Zaxby's is going to Church St. where the old Buger King is.

Also, I noticed today that there are signs calling for a Reginal Shopping Center at Pelham, I-85 and Garlington. This is the truck terminal site.

This is the web address on the signs http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com, the company is Crescent Retail.

Click here to see PDF package on Development

I figured this post from last year was important to this discussion. :thumbsup:

So we have two people "in the know," one who says that there will be a Target, Fresh Market, and movie theater development at Pelham and Garlington. The other person says that the project is dead. What gives? Is this Target/Fresh Market/movie theater development going somewhere else in town, perhaps? I don't doubt that both of you are well connected and being honest with us, but we have to figure this out...

what i saw was two site plans...both for the Pelham/Garlington site that has been discussed...one that had Super Target and the rest of the site labeled for another phase and on arial shot with buildings and parking laid out and that called out the tenants i mentioned (Target, Fresh Market, Books a Million, etc.) previously plus a few others....if somebody wasn't going ahead with this i don'tt hink there is anyway it would have gotten to me...but who knows, just reporting what i have seen......

what i saw was two site plans...both for the Pelham/Garlington site that has been discussed...one that had Super Target and the rest of the site labeled for another phase and on arial shot with buildings and parking laid out and that called out the tenants i mentioned (Target, Fresh Market, Books a Million, etc.) previously plus a few others....if somebody wasn't going ahead with this i don'tt hink there is anyway it would have gotten to me...but who knows, just reporting what i have seen......

I presume they're getting ready to design signage for the place? It would seem to me that if they're at that stage, then things are well in motion. :unsure:

Edited by RestedTraveler

Regarding the Garlington Rd. at Pelham Project, I hear it was the seller that backed out. There was a Super Target Planned for that project though. I drove by the site today and the Gas Station was being torn down. But it had a different owner than the rest of the site.

The only thing I can thing of is the seller has backed out of selling to Crescent and maybe a new developer is planned, or it is dead as I have been told.

Why would they (SCDOT?) not spend the money on a bridge that can accomodate the growth since it is expected in such a short time?

SCDOT lacks progressive minded leaders who work to accomodate growth instead of waste tax money for golfing trips.

i think a supa target and or fresh market would be great across from university square just south of furman! :thumbsup:

Perhaps the church bought the land for investment and will sell it later on when the area becomes prime real estate.

Bi-Lo is speaking of a Super Bi-Lo at Poinsett Highway and Old Buncombe Road on part of the land.

Perhaps the church bought the land for investment and will sell it later on when the area becomes prime real estate.

Perhaps, but if I understood whitehourseview correctly, they're currently attending services at the old Travelers Rest High School (AKA the new Lakeview Middle School), so they had purchased it for a actual sanctuary to be built.